what to do to make ur app better?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

ValidPoint

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
hey yall.. so i'm thinking...is doing a post bacch. the thing to do to make an application stronger????? and if so, in what field...like a masters in just anything or what????????? any advice from those who've tried this or are in this dilemma..

Members don't see this ad.

Look into MPH programs. i am assuming you have applied once...you should ask some of the schools that you did not get into, what your application was lacking. that should give you an idea on how to improve the application.

kpatel said:
Look into MPH programs. i am assuming you have applied once...you should ask some of the schools that you did not get into, what your application was lacking. that should give you an idea on how to improve the application.

thanks for ur reply... i have applied once and been denied... now i'm thinking that its better to do a postbacch. and then go for it.... do u know of any peopel who have gotten into school after attaining an mph? :luck:

Members don't see this ad :)
Yes, I do know people who have gotten in after getting MPH. He got preety good grades in the MPH classes and he also increased the MCAT score.
no matter what post-bacc program you do, you have to maintain a good GPA if you don't then it won't look good.

I suggest doing a year's of pimpin' & ho-in'. Call it self-employment on your ECs. It shows initiative and ambition.

It all depends on your weaknesses. Call some of the schools you have been denied to and ask them for advice. Doing a Masters at one of the common ones like GU or BU might be recommended. Also, a lot of people have done MPHs, thats what I just did. Also, you mayneed to retake the MCAT or gain more clinical exposure. Its all relative.

Good luck on this hell of a journey :luck:

DrVanNostran said:
It all depends on your weaknesses. Call some of the schools you have been denied to and ask them for advice. Doing a Masters at one of the common ones like GU or BU might be recommended. Also, a lot of people have done MPHs, thats what I just did. Also, you mayneed to retake the MCAT or gain more clinical exposure. Its all relative.

Good luck on this hell of a journey :luck:

thanks for the info.. yea i def plan to retake the mcat... but i totally think the idea of an mph is gonna be good... i'll call the schools and check out whats what... thanks :p