What to do with only 1 year?

Started by um10
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

um10

New Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hi all. New here and in need of some help. I think my situation is probably similar to many others out there - I have a 3.15 GPA and a 32S on the MCAT, so obviously I need to do something in between undergrad and medical school. I've applied and been accepted into the Georgetown SMP and the Tufts MBS. I also was accepted into the Penn Special sciences program, but I feel like because that program only offers undergraduate classes (correct me if I am wrong) then it is not worth attending because I need to show I can excel above the undergraduate level.

With this in mind, and knowing that I would like to matriculate into medical school directly following the completion of one of these programs, should I choose Tufts or Georgetown?
 
Georgetown has a low linkage, so you´ll probably be waiting around a year unless you get such high grades your first semester that it completely wows every school you apply to. No idea about Tufts. However I think your chances to matriculate at a medical school ever are higher at GTown. Correct me if I´m wrong.
 
EVMS's program has a high informal linkage. Seems like most of the smp students feed into the med school following completion of the program. Deadline is April 1.