What to do with used laptops?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

decflower

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
The school I am starting in the fall gives us a new computer. So, I am trying to get rid of my four year old one. I found a webside, cash for laptops, but I am not sure how reliable they are. Anybody know of a good way to get a couple of hundred dollars for a used laptop?

Members don't see this ad.

post it in the wanted forum

decflower said:
The school I am starting in the fall gives us a new computer. So, I am trying to get rid of my four year old one. I found a webside, cash for laptops, but I am not sure how reliable they are. Anybody know of a good way to get a couple of hundred dollars for a used laptop?

I know Dell has a donation program. You don't get cash, but you get $ off toward a future purchase.

Members don't see this ad :)
I just took mine apart and hung it on my wall. Laptop motherboards make pretty art.

If you actually want money for it though you could list it on craigslist.org.

definitely try craigslist.org, but please be aware of what your laptop is worth....there are definitely some four year old laptops out there worth a few hundred bucks, but not that many of them... when you price it, think if you would buy it for that price -- emotional value not included :rolleyes:

I love craigslist! Just keep the real value in mind, and remember, the lower the price, the more chance of getting rid of it!

Maybe ebay or half.com

Also try putting signs around your school and see if anyone wants to buy it.