What to do?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

GimmeHappyPills

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I'm applying to UF for next year and now I have to decide whether to re-take the PCAT in Oct. I have a 3.73 math/science GPA. I have 2 very good LORs, one from my former Commanding Officer in the Navy, and one from a pharmacist I worked with in Florida. I am a Florida resident, I've worked as a pharmacy tech for about 3-4 years all together. My personal essay will be pretty strong, and I'm sure that I can knock out an interview if given the chance. I've tutored students at a local high school for the past couple of years. (thats it as far as ECs). The thing is I've taken my pre-reqs over the past 7 years (while on active duty), and I am just starting my first O-chem this semester, hence the piss poor PCAT. Heres the scores.

Verbal 74%
Biology 64%
eading 86%
Math 44% :scared:
Chemistry 74%

Composite 72%

So basically do you guys think that a 72% will get me by, along with everything else......because I really do not want to retake the PCAT. I don't really have a lot of time to prepare, with all the classes im taking this semester. I know that a higher score will of course be better... but do you think that I have a good chance with what I have now??

Members don't see this ad.

GimmeHappyPills, you have a very good chance of getting in. We had a guest speaker (1st year Pharm. student from UF) come to our pre-pharm. club meeting and her pre-req. gpa was 3.75 and she made a 70 on her PCAT. I hear UF focuses on gpa the most too, so I think you'll be fine! Good luck.

Thanks that makes me feel a little better. I think I'll probably just stick with this score and hope for the best. Good luck to you too!:thumbup: