What to do?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

GimmeHappyPills

Full Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I'm applying to UF for next year and now I have to decide whether to re-take the PCAT in Oct. I have a 3.73 math/science GPA. I have 2 very good LORs, one from my former Commanding Officer in the Navy, and one from a pharmacist I worked with in Florida. I am a Florida resident, I've worked as a pharmacy tech for about 3-4 years all together. My personal essay will be pretty strong, and I'm sure that I can knock out an interview if given the chance. I've tutored students at a local high school for the past couple of years. (thats it as far as ECs). The thing is I've taken my pre-reqs over the past 7 years (while on active duty), and I am just starting my first O-chem this semester, hence the piss poor PCAT. Heres the scores.

Verbal 74%
Biology 64%
eading 86%
Math 44% :scared:
Chemistry 74%

Composite 72%

So basically do you guys think that a 72% will get me by, along with everything else......because I really do not want to retake the PCAT. I don't really have a lot of time to prepare, with all the classes im taking this semester. I know that a higher score will of course be better... but do you think that I have a good chance with what I have now??
 
GimmeHappyPills, you have a very good chance of getting in. We had a guest speaker (1st year Pharm. student from UF) come to our pre-pharm. club meeting and her pre-req. gpa was 3.75 and she made a 70 on her PCAT. I hear UF focuses on gpa the most too, so I think you'll be fine! Good luck.
 
Thanks that makes me feel a little better. I think I'll probably just stick with this score and hope for the best. Good luck to you too!👍