• Set Yourself Up For Success Webinar

October 6, 2021 at 2 PM Eastern/11 AM Pacific
    SDN and Osmosis are teaming up to help you get set up for success this school year! We'll be covering study tips, healthy habits, and meeting mentors.

Register Now!

• Funniest Story on the Job Contest Starts Now!

Contest starts now and ends September 27th. Winner will receive a special user banner and $10 Amazon Gift card!

JOIN NOW
  • Site Updates Coming Next Week

Site updates are coming next week on Monday, Wednesday, and Friday. Click the button below to learn more!

LEARN MORE

what to do

N

nonesuchgirl

I am enrolled in a class and have used emails as a way to ask the professor questions. Lately, she has not been responding to my emails. Would she like that I ask her questions directly after class? Or should I go to the TA....but sometimes, I find that I learn more from the professor. Or are my questions just simply stupid...? What should I do?

ask the prof if she got your email- maybe the system bounced, maybe she's busy.

if she hasn't gotten them ask her if she wants you to resend them or if she can answer them after class

About the Ads

iluvpuppies

they r so cute
10+ Year Member
Feb 3, 2008
  1. Medical Student
whether or not the TA is helpful depends on the TA. you can try it out and if it works well, ask the TA.

in terms of the professor though: writing emails back can take a good deal of time depending on ur questions. im sure itd be a lot better for their time to just quickly ask when class gets out as long as he/she isnt running late to something

I've asked some stupid, crazy questions in my days....but....are you serious??? Should you ask the professor questions directly?!?!?!?! This is a joke right???

Walk up the woman and say "I have a question for you....." They are professors and most of the time they want to answer your questions for you

I am enrolled in a class and have used emails as a way to ask the professor questions. Lately, she has not been responding to my emails. Would she like that I ask her questions directly after class? Or should I go to the TA....but sometimes, I find that I learn more from the professor. Or are my questions just simply stupid...? What should I do?

You seem to have a problem with this

Natasha029

AnxiousUndergrad
10+ Year Member
Apr 4, 2008
Below Sea Level
  1. Pre-Health (Field Undecided)
I don't know about you but I'm paying money whether through my own checking account, scholarship, grant, or loan to take classes.
I'll be damned if a professor doesn't give me my moneys worth, which effectively is hindering my understanding of the course and possibly affecting my grade.

Having said that, office hours.
Sometimes I got to another professor that I know with an understanding of the subject for help.

Wikipedia is a good start, LOL
Really, google.

MIT has open course documents, maybe your information can be found there.

TA's generally aren't helpful to me and I have had nothing but negative experiences from them.

I would tell my professor, look you're not responding, I need help. What gives?

About the Ads
This thread is more than 13 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. Your new thread title is very short, and likely is unhelpful.
  2. Your reply is very short and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  3. Your reply is very long and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  4. It is very likely that it does not need any further discussion and thus bumping it serves no purpose.
  5. Your message is mostly quotes or spoilers.
  6. Your reply has occurred very quickly after a previous reply and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  7. This thread is locked.