What to expect at pre-med scholarship interview?

Started by imacat
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

imacat

New Member
10+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hi there. I will be attending an interview for premedical students at Baylor. The scholarship awarded is automatic admission to Baylor medical school to four students and $80,000 in scholarship to one student.

Anyway, I am quite nervous and don't know what to expect for the interview. On the schedule the interview is supposed to be half an hour long which is kind of scary. Anyone have any ideas of what kind of questions to expect and what to expect in general? Or any advice on how I can prepare? Any tips?

I would appreciate any input anyone has on this.
 
I would guess it'd be the same questions as the ones in a Med School interview lol. It wouldn't hurt to practice the answer to Why medicine?

Good luck! :luck::luck:
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I'd you're interviewing in the afternoon, I'll be one of the students hanging out with you in the foyer area.

I didn't apply to Baylor2 but I do know several of the people that are in the program. Emphasize your maturity, your understanding of the medical profession, and be personable. Relax. Don't be freaked out. Beyond that, I don't know what to tell you to expect.

That said, don't be beat down if you don't get in. The odds are stacked against you and, in my opinion, binding programs are a bad idea anyway. You'll likely be better off doing the normal process.

Good luck!