What to Look for in Undergrad

Looking only at total cost, not tuition. My bad. UMass Medical seems a lot better now.

Members don't see this ad.

1. Cost
2. Cost
3. Cost
4. Cost
5. Picking a major/school that'll result in most A's.

I have a crapload of debt from undergrad. It's NOT worth it.

Another very good point.

Thanks!

I totally agree, but what the hell are you going to do solely with a degree in biology or chemistry?

If you want to go "fluff" and still have job security, business is still consistently the highest paid bachelor's degree and has one of the best starting salaries as well.

Plus, if you do into medicine, a business degree will help with running a private practice.

From what I've heard about bio and chem, close to nothing.

You however do get the option of going into a Masters and then a Ph.D in Biology and hopefully landing a teaching job or maybe getting an MBA and going into business (I'm not too sure about the latter).

Btw, businesses are questioning the rigor and validity of a business major.

Clicky: http://www.nytimes.com/2011/04/17/education/edlife/edl-17business-t.html

And from my own anecdotal experience, most people in the corporate world prefer a hard degree in the respective business field (Ie. Computer Science) followed by a MBA. And then too are those who say that business can't be taught: You either have the skills or you don't.