what to read

Started by AnneMD
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

AnneMD

Junior Member
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
i'm a peds resident who will be switching to family medicine. I've not taken care of adults in 3 years. i will have a year off while I go back through the match...I'm not someone who can sit down and read harrison's from cover to cover...what's a good review book(s) for family medicine I can flip through over the next 12 months to get me ready for FP??
 
AnneMD said:
i'm a peds resident who will be switching to family medicine. I've not taken care of adults in 3 years. i will have a year off while I go back through the match...I'm not someone who can sit down and read harrison's from cover to cover...what's a good review book(s) for family medicine I can flip through over the next 12 months to get me ready for FP??

A little off topic, sorry, but why did you switch from peds to fp? Just curious because I am considering both.
 
iatrosB said:
A little off topic, sorry, but why did you switch from peds to fp? Just curious because I am considering both.


Beach reading- "Outpatient Medicine Recall"
More detailed reading- "Essentials of Family Medicine"

Classic- "Swanson's Family Medicine Review"
 
trust me..do family...you get more variety in procedures...patients..etc..plus...you will see nothing but crazy parents who bring their kids in every single damn day for a virus that you can never treat to their satisfaction...and after seeing 30 of those a day for the next 50 years..you will regret not having the variety...

plus...in family medicine..they treat you like an adult from day one...in peds residency..they treat you like a child...