What to study for Anatomy

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

golfman

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Anybody out here recommending any books for Anatomy? Seems like I keep getting hosed on questions about weird muscles or nerves or, my least favorite of all, holes in the skull and what goes through them.

I have Grey's Anatomy, but that thing is so big and heavy it could kill somebody with a swift blow to the back of the head.

I could probably do a search, but thought I would make a post and see what people recommend for Anatomy.

Members don't see this ad.

Anybody out here recommending any books for Anatomy? Seems like I keep getting hosed on questions about weird muscles or nerves or, my least favorite of all, holes in the skull and what goes through them.

I have Grey's Anatomy, but that thing is so big and heavy it could kill somebody with a swift blow to the back of the head.

I could probably do a search, but thought I would make a post and see what people recommend for Anatomy.

Netter's Atlas

Chapter summaries in BRS Gross Anatomy. Succinct and includes clinically relevant anatomy. As far as the holes in the skull - you may have to use another source for that since it is neuroanatomy.

Members don't see this ad :)
All the relevant holes in the skull are in FA neuro section together with what goes through them

All the relevant holes in the skull are in FA neuro section together with what goes through them

Yeah I've seen those. I hope that's all they ask. I know those, but I've gotten a few random questions (don't remember if they were from Kaplan, Rx, or World) about some holes that aren't in FA.

I think I'll just know what's in first aid, and just take a hit on a point if something else comes up on my exam.

Yeah I've seen those. I hope that's all they ask. I know those, but I've gotten a few random questions (don't remember if they were from Kaplan, Rx, or World) about some holes that aren't in FA.

I think I'll just know what's in first aid, and just take a hit on a point if something else comes up on my exam.

From what I've seen, the Qbanks are way off for Anatomy. They have some ridiculous trivia.

From my experience and what I've heard over the years, the anatomy on Step 1 is generally (a.) non-existent, (b.) easy, or (c.) impossible.

It's usually (a.) or (b.), and I believe Anatomy to be one of the lowest priorities for your prep.

yeah I'm just using FA and UWorld for anatomy. I might go through some netter's cards and umich questions just for nostalgia (I actually strangely liked anatomy..) but probably not..

if they ask the classic clinical questions I'm good.. if they through a few q's out there about the defect from a nail hitting some bone in the medial foot (origin/insertion stuff), I'll be guessing.. lol

I just sing the cranial nerve song for those: "eleven, nine and ten... jugular foramen" haha terrible I know