What to study in the 5 days preceeding test day

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Snowy

Will I ever be a doctor?
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I'm taking MCAT on Friday June 13th. I'm trying to plan my studying now so that I get done a few days beforehand... in order to rejuvinate, of course. I started studying a while ago (planned on doing 10 weeks), and I still have about 9 practice tests left that I want to do. So I'm kindof cramming tons of practice tests in during the next week and a half, pretty much one a day. I'm wondering when I should take my last one? Monday or Tuesday? Here's my temporary plan:

Monday - final practice test
Tuesday - study notes 5-6 hours
Wednesday - 1-2 hours of reviewing notes; good nights sleep
Thursday - no studying whatsoever; good nights sleep
Friday - TEST DAY

How much studying on Tuesday and Wednesday would you recommend? Any advice or ideas?

I'm curious what people think. Thanks in advance for any responses, means a lot.

Members don't see this ad.

Hi! I am taking my test on Saturday May 31. This week I took my last test on tues and think that has worked out. I have been doing a ton of questions from EK 1001 and just reviewing all my practice tests again. What I did was do a practice test every other day and then review the test. It takes quite a while to review the tests...like 6-8 hours each. I think it is a good idea that you are planning on taking it light the few days before your test so you can rejuvenate and rest.
Well, good luck with studying and the test! Sorry if this is incoherent...but I've been studying a bunch!

Do you guys think it is a good idea to rest. I was going to work up to the test day so that I have the stamina needed to do the test and not get tired. I hope this works for me.

I think it depends on the person...some people feel energized after taking a break while others don't. I think I will do some review the morning before the test and probably stop studying about 5 the day before and then take the night off...but I am the type of person who likes to get in as much studying as possible. I've heard people say that they really need to take the day before off just because that's what works best for them. I think as long as you aren't studying till 11 pm and then waking up at 4 am to study then you will be fine studying some the day before. IMO.

Members don't see this ad :)
Yeah, definitely depends on the person. I've noticed that my score can dramatically change based on how focused I am while taking it. A lot of the questions I miss are because of miss-reading the question stem or missing information in the passage. I want to be really excited and energized for the test, rather than somewhat drained or not wanting to take it.

I don't even know if it would make a difference. Maybe I'll take my last practice test Tuesday, then study a bund Wednesday and nothing thursday.

Good luck on your test StarStup.

Do you guys think it is a good idea to rest. I was going to work up to the test day so that I have the stamina needed to do the test and not get tired. I hope this works for me.

I think it depends on the person, for me, I worked right before test day and I felt writing it was very natural, I was afraid that if I rested for a couple of days before the exam my rhythm would be off.