what to take on test day

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

de de es

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
2 signature IDs, one with a photograph. Acceptable ID includes driver’s license, state/employee ID card and valid passport.

what else? do they provide with paper/pencil?

can i take bottled water? maybe a snack?

Members don't see this ad.

You can bring a snack and water but you will have to keep it in the locker for the 15 minute break they allow you. I would suggest laying light on water or fluids to prevent from having to go to the bathroom but its your call. They give you 2 front to back laminated erase sheets and 2 markers.

2 signature IDs, one with a photograph. Acceptable ID includes driver’s license, state/employee ID card and valid passport.

what else? do they provide with paper/pencil?

can i take bottled water? maybe a snack?

They will provide you with all the writing utensils you need/ can use (probably two dry erase boards with two markers and a large eraser). you can have a snack and water during the 15 min. break, but the next section will start with or with out you, so it should be small and quick. They also give a locker to put a school bag/sweater in as well.

def don't forget your hula skirt and coconut bra - you're going to need these. also, some exlax is a smart refreshment to have during the break.

Members don't see this ad :)
If I bring a sweater in (to wear) am I allowed to take it off during the test and put on again or do I have to keep it on until the break? I get random instances of cold or hotness lol

If you decide to take the 15-min break after PAT section, can you stay in front of the computer without leaving the room? I just want some time to erase what is on the board.... Thank you for replies guys.

If I bring a sweater in (to wear) am I allowed to take it off during the test and put on again or do I have to keep it on until the break? I get random instances of cold or hotness lol

Just got back from the test. The proctors were pretty strict. Simply, if you bring in a sweater, you need to keep the darn thing on. One proctor told us we're not allowed to take it off even during the break, while another (the nicer) proctor said we could. :confused:

Soft earplugs work - but they also provide these orange headphones that help cancel out the noise (such as that one test-taker who won't stop coughing or sighing)

I'd totally recommend taking a granola bar and a small drink for the break. You can sit in front of the screen during your break, totally up to you.

Good luck! :D and don't forget to breathe!

If i were you, id bring a big fat bottle of champagne so you can celebrate after you rock the DATs! :D

On test day I rocked an energy drink and some sort of energy bar at the break. You will be so much in the zone you won't worry about having to pee. And def bring some ear plugs!

were the laminated sheets they give you blank or had grids?

did anyone use pencil and paper?

On test day I brought a bottle of water and a red bull. I drank these at the 15 min break. I flew through reading that way.

Something to note, after a section finishes there is a window that pops up that you have to click on to go to the next section, however there is no rush on this (I waited for a couple min. between reading and math, using the time to erase my sheets and write equations/take a mental rest).

yes, the laminated sheets have grids. you wont need them in any way tho.

So let me get this straight - they give you these sheets right at the beginning of the exam (before you begin bio) and you can use them for the entire exam..correct?

Grids? Anybody?

Yes, but recall that you can't use your sheet as a measuring device

When I saw them, I thought the grids would be really nice for the QR, but I found they were a pain when I was writing stuff for the rest of the stuff, plus I didn't even hardly draw out any geometry

On test day I brought a bottle of water and a red bull. I drank these at the 15 min break. I flew through reading that way.

Something to note, after a section finishes there is a window that pops up that you have to click on to go to the next section, however there is no rush on this (I waited for a couple min. between reading and math, using the time to erase my sheets and write equations/take a mental rest).

So could you just sit on that screen for 5 minutes as a break? Or is their still a "total" time counter counting down?