What to use for the 2019 Canadian DAT?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

DareForest

Reaction score
This is a question for those who have taken the Canadian DAT, I just signed up for the Canadian DAT an hour ago so i'm trying to figure out everything. I have about 6 weeks left to study but i don't know what materials i should be using to prepare given the amount of time i have. All of my friends are using DATCrusher while everyone on these forums are raving about DATbootcamp, so i'm not sure which one to get. I can't afford both. If you took the Canadian DAT, which one would you recommend? And does anyone know how long does it take for the DAT preparation kit to be mailed? Thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

The dental kit takes about a week to come in depending on where you live. And both Bootcamp and Crusher are good, but I personally used DATCrusher since it’s the Canadian version of bootcamp and it has specific features to help you prepare for the Canadian DAT which bootcamp doesn’t offer. You can also just use bootcamp but you'll have to spend a lot of time covering content you won’t have to know for the Canadian DAT so just be prepared to do that.

Reactions: 1 user
The dental kit takes about a week to come in depending on where you live. And both Bootcamp and Crusher are good, but I personally used DATCrusher since it’s the Canadian version of bootcamp and it has specific features to help you prepare for the Canadian DAT which bootcamp doesn’t offer. You can also just use bootcamp but you'll have to spend a lot of time covering content you won’t have to know for the Canadian DAT so just be prepared to do that.

Thank-you!! Is the Canadian DAT closer to Bootcamp or Crusher? and which one is more useful?

Thank-you!! Is the Canadian DAT closer to Bootcamp or Crusher? and which one is more useful?

DATCrusher is hands-down more useful if you're taking the Canadian DAT. Crusher is specifically for the Canadian DAT and its very similar to the real deal. You might be able to get away with bootcamp but you'll be wasting so much time going over information that's not covered on the Canadian DAT. Plus bootcamp doesn't offer anything special for the Canadian DAT, so you might be at a disadvantage using bootcamp over crusher.

If you can't afford both, just get Crusher and Destroyer. Destroyer is a much cheaper alternative and it drills in all the concepts really well. That's all you really need to do well on the Canadian DAT and it'll cost you a fraction of what bootcamp costs.

Members don't see this ad :)
DATCrusher is hands-down more useful if you're taking the Canadian DAT. Crusher is specifically for the Canadian DAT and its very similar to the real deal. You might be able to get away with bootcamp but you'll be wasting so much time going over information that's not covered on the Canadian DAT. Plus bootcamp doesn't offer anything special for the Canadian DAT, so you might be at a disadvantage using bootcamp over crusher.

If you can't afford both, just get Crusher and Destroyer. Destroyer is a much cheaper alternative and it drills in all the concepts really well. That's all you really need to do well on the Canadian DAT and it'll cost you a fraction of what bootcamp costs.

Thanks thats what i heard too! It sucks that there's not much information on these forums about the Canadian dat but i'm glad that you reassured me

Thanks thats what i heard too! It sucks that there's not much information on these forums about the Canadian dat but i'm glad that you reassured me

No problem, glad to hear that. I'm in the process of making a guide for the Canadian DAT since there's barely any information here on it, hopefully it should help out.