What towear to internship interview

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

spider367

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
So I interviewed last week at a fairly laid back dental office in a really nice suit (I'm a guy). I just heard back that they would like to meet with me again but the front office person told me, ?there is no need to dress up again. You looked great but casual is just fine.? I was gonna wear khaki shorts and a polo. I hate slacks but am worried this may be too casual. Thoughts?

Members don't see this ad.

i think khakis pants. polo shirt, and dress shoes is the way to go (business casual?). shorts are too casual. but thats just my two cents

i think khakis pants. polo shirt, and dress shoes is the way to go (business casual?). shorts are too casual. but thats just my two cents

Agreed. Shorts are too casual, go with the khaki pants.

I will agree. Where business casual. Slacks/khakis, dress shoes, and button shirt. This makes you look professional but will not make you look over dressed. when I assisted I wore slacks and button shirt. The dentist appreciated that I looked professional in front of her patients.