What traits make or break people in pre pharmacy

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

jackal head

Registered Sex Offender
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
With pharmacy becoming an increasingly competitive field, it is no suprise that succesful candidates excel well above average.

However what does it take to get there? Most people want it bad enough and most people give it their best but what is it in your opinoun that seperates most people from the few who actually make it?

Members don't see this ad.

Anyone who really, really wants it can and most likely will make it.

You can't say to me, "I really want to become a pharmacist!" Then opt out of studying for a chemistry exam and instead go out to party.

That's the difference - those who say only say they want it and those who act like they want it.

Of course the exception is divine intervention. :thumbup:

Anyone who really, really wants it can and most likely will make it.

You can't say to me, "I really want to become a pharmacist!" Then opt out of studying for a chemistry exam and instead go out to party.

That's the difference - those who say only say they want it and those who act like they want it.

Of course the exception is divine intervention. :thumbup:

true, that really makes alot of sense :thumbup:

Members don't see this ad :)
With pharmacy becoming an increasingly competitive field, it is no suprise that succesful candidates excel well above average.

However what does it take to get there? Most people want it bad enough and most people give it their best but what is it in your opinoun that seperates most people from the few who actually make it?

I don't believe in luck. I think it is everything that you mentioned above.

I don't believe in luck. I think it is everything that you mentioned above.

Hey, how are you Lisenok ? What's up with the Kukazjamba ?

Hey, how are you Lisenok ? What's up with the Kukazjamba ?

Hey! I'm good.I have been really goofy weird and fluffy (lol) lately...One of my exes used to use that word for some kind of weird and goofy stuff. I tried to search the meaning and didn't find anything. So, I figured....I can use that word for self description.(Awww I am such a doork).How are doing? I hope everything is OK. Oh yeah did you have therapy session? I mean retail.

Last edited:
Hey! I'm good.I have been really goofy weird and fluffy (lol) lately...One of my exes used to use that word for some kind of weird and goofy stuff. I tried to search the meaning and didn't find anything. So, I figured....I can use that word for self description.(Awww I am such a doork).How are doing? I hope everything is OK. Oh yeah did you have therapy session? I mean retail.

I'm good, my 18-year old sister in Russia just got engaged, so I'm still debating in which creative way should I tore her head off. :laugh: Yeah, I've been doing some serious retail therapy, probably way too much, got some shoes and managed to snatch this super cute bag in sea green color. Otherwise, just working, I'm teaching chemistry and trying to get a job as a pharm tech. I'm really excited, there is a really good chance I'm going to tour UCSF pharm school soon. Here's a picture of my baby :luck: :

hillary_duff_400x300.jpg

I'm good, my 18-year old sister in Russia just got engaged, so I'm still debating in which creative way should I tore her head off. :laugh: Yeah, I've been doing some serious retail therapy, probably way too much, got some shoes and managed to snatch this super cute bag in sea green color. Otherwise, just working, I'm teaching chemistry and trying to get a job as a pharm tech. I'm really excited, there is a really good chance I'm going to tour UCSF pharm school soon. Here's a picture of my baby :luck: :

hillary_duff_400x300.jpg

looks like her purse is about to get snatched on that first pic, just sayin...

For a minute, I thought you meant that Hilary Duff was your baby. :D

wow, expensive purses are sooooo coooool! i think spending several thousand on a piece of stitched leather is an EXCELLENT investment!

woooooooo

wow, expensive purses are sooooo coooool! i think spending several thousand on a piece of stitched leather is an EXCELLENT investment!

woooooooo

:( It's not even anywhere close to that.

woooooooo
its not just an investment. Its a way of making freinds LMAO.

and I love shopping for expensive bags but I'd choose electronics over bags any day if given the choice. I have a few expensive bags and have had so many guys and girls approach me. Trust me..you sense the different treatment from people when you wear expensive things.

hence $1000 in material goods in lieu of Prozac/therapist works for most poeple.

its not just an investment. Its a way of making freinds LMAO.

and I love shopping for expensive bags but I'd choose electronics over bags any day if given the choice. I have a few expensive bags and have had so many guys and girls approach me. Trust me..you sense the different treatment from people when you wear expensive things.

hence $1000 in material goods in lieu of Prozac/therapist works for most poeple.

Seriously, I could never tell when a bag is more expensive.

The only different treatment or better attention that I get for buying expensive electronics and gadgets comes from other geeks, not from supermodels.

I totally love that Rebecca Minkoff bag. I'm applying for Fall 09, it's only June and I'm stressed out already. Retail therapy will definitely help me relieve the stress!

I'd say one of the most important traits to have is dedication. About 3/4 of my chem I class was pre-pharm (class had ~300 people) and after the course a ton of them changed majors.