What Universities Offer Best Aid?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Reaction score
Hi, all. Thus far I've made school choices off of mostly tuition cost, but are there any schools I should consider despite sticker shock on fair chance of aid?

Returning student w/ 3.6 total but 4.0 for pre-reqs coming back.
161 Q 165 V 4.5 Writing
Strong interest in research on neuro, pediatrics, and geriatrics- I'd be just as happy practicing or researching/teaching once I graduate.

Looking mostly at East Coast schools.

Thank you!

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Texas is not on the East Coast, but Texas has programs starting at ~$30k. I'm at one with in-state for $33k for the entire program. Classmate from Cali and another from Kansas City yet another from Idaho said it was the cheapest OOS they'd seen. Classmate from NYC is here too, but she's been in Texas since undergrad.

Hi, all. Thus far I've made school choices off of mostly tuition cost, but are there any schools I should consider despite sticker shock on fair chance of aid?

Returning student w/ 3.6 total but 4.0 for pre-reqs coming back.
161 Q 165 V (haven't gotten writing score yet)

Looking mostly at East Coast schools.

Thank you!

Army-Baylor is probably the best bang for your buck if that interests you in any way.

Members don't see this ad :)
Army-Baylor is probably the best bang for your buck if that interests you in any way.
Overall, it does cut off a year cost of living, but it's no less expensive for the program than other places, as far as I can tell. Plus, they're not accredited yet, right? So I'd be taking a gamble on whether I could even practice when I graduate?

Overall, it does cut off a year cost of living, but it's no less expensive for the program than other places, as far as I can tell. Plus, they're not accredited yet, right? So I'd be taking a gamble on whether I could even practice when I graduate?
That is the new Baylor program. The Army program run through Baylor is different. It is free (you actually get paid) and you become a commissioned officer/physical therapist in the military afterwards with a service commitment. Obviously, not for everyone, but I guess technically it would be the most generous financial aid?

That is the new Baylor program. The Army program run through Baylor is different. It is free (you actually get paid) and you become a commissioned officer/physical therapist in the military afterwards with a service commitment. Obviously, not for everyone, but I guess technically it would be the most generous financial aid?
Ah, I see. I'm no waiver. I appreciate the suggestion.