You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
What university are you attending?
Started by Fai
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
Well, haven't been here for almost a year.
Just wondering where Class of 2013 students are going!
I got accepted to University of Colorado - Colorado Springs and enrolled major is Biochemistry with a concentration to the Pre-Pharmacy path.
UCCS is sweet man! Colorado Springs is seriously probably my favorite city on Earth, you won't find any happier, healthier, and active people than southern Coloradans!
Hahaha sweet! Glad to hear! I'm moving from Long Island and when I visited the Springs it was like I was in a completely different world. The people were humble and the university was nice and small for me. It's also helpful that UCCS has connection to Denver's medical campus so hopefully if I get the scores I can just go straight towards Denver's Pharm school.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Im attending the University of Tampa in the fall for Pre-medical(Biology) major. Was a hard choice between other schools i couldve went to. But i love the campus, education and labs are great and no classes of 200+ students trying to learn haha.
Im very excited!
Im very excited!
University of Ontario institute of technology
UOIT 😎
UOIT 😎
I'm a junior too. I'm applying to UMichigan, Rutgers, UC Berkeley, UWashington, Wake Forest, UDelaware And UMass Amherst
Last edited:
It's crazy to think that the decisions we make now will follow us for AS LONG AS WE LIVE
I'm a junior too. I'm applying to UMichigan, Rutgers, UC Berkeley, UWashington, Wake Forest, UDelaware And UMass Amherst
Damn. Those are tough cookies.
UMich = No way. One of the hardest public schools to get into.
Rutgers = Yes.
Berkeley = No way. One of the hardest public schools to get into.
U Washington = Possibly. It would be a stretch for me.
Wake Forest = Probably not.
U Delaware = I'm applying, but I'm not sure if I can get in or not.
UMass Amherst = I'd apply but my father says they are really pushed financially and they don't have the best resources. They've been falling behind lately.
Junior applying to:
VMI
North Georgia
Indiana
Purdue
Florida Atlantic
USF
I think I have a fairly good chance at them all! (Bio major)
VMI
North Georgia
Indiana
Purdue
Florida Atlantic
USF
I think I have a fairly good chance at them all! (Bio major)
Junior applying to:
VMI
North Georgia
Indiana
Purdue
Florida Atlantic
USF
I think I have a fairly good chance at them all! (Bio major)
Yeah those shouldn't be too competitive.
Florida Gulf Coast University
Combined BS/MD?
Brown University! So excited!
@Arijos0222 I see that you are going to Brown summer school this summer. Are you going to apply to Brown in the fall?
@Arijos0222 I see that you are going to Brown summer school this summer. Are you going to apply to Brown in the fall?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Brown University! So excited!
@Arijos0222 I see that you are going to Brown summer school this summer. Are you going to apply to Brown in the fall?
Damn you ******s who can get into schools like that.
Is it just me or is Tulane very test scores oriented? It's very selective but only 53% of accepted students are in the top 10th of their class (Comparable to a lot of state schools). Also 43% of accepted students have less than a 3.5 GPA. On the other hand, most students have above a 2000 SAT score.
Damn. Those are tough cookies.
UMich = No way. One of the hardest public schools to get into.
Rutgers = Yes.
Berkeley = No way. One of the hardest public schools to get into.
U Washington = Possibly. It would be a stretch for me.
Wake Forest = Probably not.
U Delaware = I'm applying, but I'm not sure if I can get in or not.
UMass Amherst = I'd apply but my father says they are really pushed financially and they don't have the best resources. They've been falling behind lately.
My favorite out of all of them are UDelaware, UMass, and a state university called Rowan (they are getting the D.O school of UMDNJ and they have an MD school that won't be so new by the time I graduate)
UDelaware is my top choice to be honest. I love mostly everything about it. I heard the same about UMass as well but to be honest I think the controversy is a little inflated.
Brown University! So excited!
@Arijos0222 I see that you are going to Brown summer school this summer. Are you going to apply to Brown in the fall?
What major? 🙂
Brown University! So excited!
@Arijos0222 I see that you are going to Brown summer school this summer. Are you going to apply to Brown in the fall?
I'm not applying during the fall, as I do not think I have a decent enough chance at acceptance.
Damn you ******s who can get into schools like that.
I'm really excited to go, however, I don't have a good chance at getting accepted at Brown. If I really try and bust my butt with these SAT's I can have a shot at Cornell but I really don't have a desire to go to an elite school. I'm not an "uber" competitive individual. I'm going to summer school there not because of my grades, but because of my writing skills.
I have a friend who applied only to Ivy Leagues, and he got into 4 😉 Cornell, Princeton, Dartmouth, and Brown. I think we all know what he chose...

What major? 🙂
I hope you are talking to me... If not i'll say it anyway.
Not totally decided, but Philosophy and Sociology majors or a major in Philosophy and a minor in physics.
By the way I really like your website. And the information on it.
It makes my hobby of writing novels and short stories seem a little... Barbaric

Last edited:
University of Minnesota - Twin Cities. I'll be double majoring in Physiology and Music.
I'M SO EXCITED AHHHHHHHHH
Congrats on the acceptance.
University of Minnesota - Twin Cities. I'll be double majoring in Physiology and Music.
I'M SO EXCITED AHHHHHHHHH
I really wish I were a senior too right about now.
I'm not applying during the fall, as I do not think I have a decent enough chance at acceptance.
I'm really excited to go, however, I don't have a good chance at getting accepted at Brown. If I really try and bust my butt with these SAT's I can have a shot at Cornell but I really don't have a desire to go to an elite school. I'm not an "uber" competitive individual. I'm going to summer school there not because of my grades, but because of my writing skills.
I have a friend who applied only to Ivy Leagues, and he got into 4 😉 Cornell, Princeton, Dartmouth, and Brown. I think we all know what he chose...![]()
But you do have a shot at Brown, if you want it. Brown prides itself in having a chill, non-competitive student body. They pick the students that will "fit in," if you will. Essays are also very important for the application, so if you show your personality through your writing, you will have a decent shot.
But that is if you actually want to go to Brown as an undergrad. If you like Brown over the summer, you might be convinced to apply!
I am thinking Community Health right now, but I open to change haha.What major? 🙂
But you do have a shot at Brown, if you want it. Brown prides itself in having a chill, non-competitive student body. They pick the students that will "fit in," if you will. Essays are also very important for the application, so if you show your personality through your writing, you will have a decent shot.
But that is if you actually want to go to Brown as an undergrad. If you like Brown over the summer, you might be convinced to apply!
I am thinking Community Health right now, but I open to change haha.
This is true too. However i'm also sort of scared of the academic rigor associated with an ivy league education.
I am thinking Community Health right now, but I open to change haha.
Oh, okay. 👍
Congrats on being accepted to Brown!
This is true too. However i'm also sort of scared of the academic rigor associated with an ivy league education.
I don't think ivies are much harder than say Purdue, University of Michigan, UVM, Penn State, University of California System etc. in terms of academic rigor.
I don't think ivies are much harder than say Purdue, University of Michigan, UVM, Penn State, University of California System etc. in terms of academic rigor.
Just for argument's sake, my cousin went to Penn State and then transferred to Fordham.
She had a 3.8 GPA at Penn State and she said although she worked hard, she worked even harder at Fordham to get the GPA that she ended up with, which was 3.5
Also i'm not completely sure but I will see once i'm in the summer program, since I will be taking the regular curriculum of a Brown freshman... I'll let you all know 🙂
I really wish I were a senior too right about now.
You ll enjoy your senior year then the big stuff begins 😀
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Just for argument's sake, my cousin went to Penn State and then transferred to Fordham.
She had a 3.8 GPA at Penn State and she said although she worked hard, she worked even harder at Fordham to get the GPA that she ended up with, which was 3.5
Also i'm not completely sure but I will see once i'm in the summer program, since I will be taking the regular curriculum of a Brown freshman... I'll let you all know 🙂
I've found that more of the discrepancy is in public vs private.
Yep. Unless I get into UCLA or University of Miami for medical school. Those two schools have great plastic surgery connections and I would like to get in on that.
The BS/MD isn't obligatory? Many of them are.
Similar threads
- Replies
- 0
- Views
- 724