You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
What was or is your current favorite class/subject in MS-1 and MS-2?
Started by ProspectiveRad
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
Pathology.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Loved anatomy and pathophysiology. Biochem I hated until I really understood it. Endocrine is super fun. Hated neuro and cardio...
Path was my favorite overall. Within path I really enjoyed the GU and heme sections.
I'm only an MS-2, but last year, anatomy and our block 4 (endo, repro, bone, etc.) were my favorites, as well as neuro, which was VERY unexpected.
Considering first year, for me anatomy was probably the hardest and was my worst subject. That being said, I think anatomy lab was the coolest part of the year and definitely something unique that we get to experience, so despite the fact I was terrible at it, I enjoyed the experience.
I thought cardio/pulm physiology was probably the easiest part of the year for me (besides the super easy behavioral/psych stuff they throw in). Biochem was interesting, but similarly to anatomy I struggled to remember the names of random stuff. Neuro was hard for me but also surprisingly really interesting, renal and GI seemed to be by far the most boring for me.
I thought cardio/pulm physiology was probably the easiest part of the year for me (besides the super easy behavioral/psych stuff they throw in). Biochem was interesting, but similarly to anatomy I struggled to remember the names of random stuff. Neuro was hard for me but also surprisingly really interesting, renal and GI seemed to be by far the most boring for me.
Anatomy (especially head and neck), neurology, renal.
being partnered to blood draw on a person afraid of needles
I'm surprised so many people have listed anatomy as one of their favorites.
Only about to start M2 here, but for me: Physiology = neuroanatomy > histology/cell biology = microbiology/immunology > biochemistry = anatomy.
I liked reading/learning about clinical correlations in anatomy, but didn't care much for the subject in general and absolutely loathed lab!
Only about to start M2 here, but for me: Physiology = neuroanatomy > histology/cell biology = microbiology/immunology > biochemistry = anatomy.
I liked reading/learning about clinical correlations in anatomy, but didn't care much for the subject in general and absolutely loathed lab!
Actual block/section -- Neuroscience, definitely. Loved the material!
Individual subject -- Genetics. I love pedigrees!
Individual subject -- Genetics. I love pedigrees!
My absolute favorite first year was neuroscience, though I also liked physiology. Finishing neuroscience at the end of April, I felt a certain level of regret that we wouldn't be returning to it in second year until January.
Least favorites were biochem and endocrine. The fact that I didn't like biochem came as a surprise to me and probably is more of a reflection on how it was taught than the subject matter, because I loved organic chemistry as an undergrad.
Least favorites were biochem and endocrine. The fact that I didn't like biochem came as a surprise to me and probably is more of a reflection on how it was taught than the subject matter, because I loved organic chemistry as an undergrad.
Immunology/Infectious Disease & Pathology
I'm surprised so many people have listed anatomy as one of their favorites.
I liked reading/learning about clinical correlations in anatomy, but didn't care much for the subject in general and absolutely loathed lab!
See, I'm the opposite. I liked anatomy the best in MS1 because of lab. It was cool to get to actually do stuff, and was also like a 3 hour social session of getting to know the people around you.
immuno/ID, and endocrin!
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I would love to find out what my fellow med students enjoyed or liked the best. I liked/like anatomy and biochem. How about you guys?
Cardio
It just made sense to me. Also I like visibly dynamic organs.
The penis is also dynamic for example as it obviously moves. Lungs too
Pharm was by far my favorite, but I think that had a lot to do with the professor. Close second is micro/immuno, but again with the professor being outstanding. We were lucky enough to have the author of rapid review micro teach our class.
I would love to find out what my fellow med students enjoyed or liked the best. I liked/like anatomy and biochem. How about you guys?
You liked biochem? Do you also like barbed wire up your urethra?
Oh and:
Pulm = Cardio >>>>>>>Renal
Only systems we covered first year.
pathology. And I also really liked Embryology. But i pretty much liked them all except biochem. I have ALWAYS hated biochem, ever since undergrad. Could never master those concepts for some reason.
Similar threads
- Replies
- 11
- Views
- 3K
- Replies
- 0
- Views
- 107
- Question
- Replies
- 1
- Views
- 692
- Replies
- 6
- Views
- 8K
- Replies
- 2
- Views
- 577