What Was The Interview Like?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

med_skool_fool

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
hi,

I'm not sure if there is a thread for this so if there is then disregard this one. I just wanted to start a thread where people could list the different schools they have had interviews from and tell us what it was like..panel, one on one...etc...and just describe the experience so for those of us who have the interview later we have a better idea of what to expect.. thanks alot!

Members don't see this ad.

i know there is one that lists all the schools that are giving interviews...but i started this one where people could describe what it was like... :)

I would describe my one interview here, but from what I can tell so far, I'm the one and only Kentucky pre-med on this board who's applying this year.

If you want to find out about interviews, visit Interview Feedback, and you can find out about the schools you're applying to.

Members don't see this ad :)
Nope Jamier! You're not the only Kentuckian applying this year. :) I applied to UK and U of Louisville, as well as U Cincinnati, Wright State U. and UNC-Chapel Hill (I'm originally a native North Carolinian but am up in the Cincinnati area now, just over the river in KY).

I'd love to hear how your UK interview went, and your UofL one too when you're done! Your impressions of both schools would be wonderful to know. I wish you the very best of luck! Maybe we can be classmates next year (if I get lucky). :) Btw, that interview feedback page is cool...I've been checking that out myself lately (just found it last week or so).

Raina

Well now, I guess I spoke too soon!

Here's what I thought of the UK interview: It really felt more like they were recruiting us rather than evaluating us. It was so much different than what I expected. There was absolutely no tension, and everything was relaxed. I really liked UK, for sevaral reasons.

First, I love their curriculum, especially the fact that you're only in class after 12:00 on two days a week, and then you're only there for two additional hours. (Check into Louisville, it's very different) Secondly, I liked the area and the people there. I asked several students, including some who weren't introduced to us by the adcom, and they said there's very little competition there. The class seemed very friendly towards each other.

I guess I just felt like UK and I "clicked", but I really think that's where I'll be going, assuming I get in (I'll let you know Monday). I guess another plus is that I know folks at UK, and I don't know anyone at Louisville except those applying with me.

I'm glad to know that there's another of us Kentuckians here. :)

Thanks!!! I've gotten the same impression about UK. We had an MS3 visit my undergrad school's pre-med club, and everything he said made me feel that the UK lifestyle is as good as it gets for med school (especially with a baby/husband at home). I will be keeping my fingers crossed that you make it in Jamie!! Let us know as soon as you hear something. Hopefully they'll decide to take a look at me too. :D

Raina