Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I know being in the medical feild is hard, but exactly how difficult is it?
My dream is to graduate high school with an amazing resume, go to a top notch college with a medical program and a hospital that is phenomenal, go to medical school, then become a pediatrician. After a while, I'll volunteer with an international organization to help people who desperately need medical care.
Right now, I'm in 11th grade taking all-advanced classes and I feel like I'm being stretched in a million different places carrying too much weight. Despite the difficulty, I am motivated because I know that it'll pay off in the end by allowing me to get into a good school and live out my dream.
Is this what medical school feels like?
What was your med school experience like?
Thank you in advanced for your stories and insight 🙂
My dream is to graduate high school with an amazing resume, go to a top notch college with a medical program and a hospital that is phenomenal, go to medical school, then become a pediatrician. After a while, I'll volunteer with an international organization to help people who desperately need medical care.
Right now, I'm in 11th grade taking all-advanced classes and I feel like I'm being stretched in a million different places carrying too much weight. Despite the difficulty, I am motivated because I know that it'll pay off in the end by allowing me to get into a good school and live out my dream.
Is this what medical school feels like?
What was your med school experience like?
Thank you in advanced for your stories and insight 🙂
I'd say it's probably generally true, but if you're at one of the higher-powered state schools like UVA, UMich, UNC, Cali schools, etc., you'll be in excellent shape, education-wise. Those schools also can offer lots of classes and opportunities that small schools can't just due to lack of man-power and possibly lack of funding. Lots of people will cite student:teacher ratio as a reason to go to small schools, but I actually prefer having larger classes for the intro sciences. My upper-level courses never had more than 20 people in them, so it was a bit of a moot point on that level.
(Crossing the fingers for it to stay that way.)