What will you do if rejected?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

What will you do if rejected?

• Volunteer for a year then reapply

Votes: 29 20.9%
  • Work for a year then reapply

Votes: 75 54.0%
  • Dentistry/Pharmacy, etc.

Votes: 6 4.3%
  • Other career

Votes: 16 11.5%
  • Kill myself

Votes: 36 25.9%
  • Other

Votes: 19 13.7%

• Total voters

starflower

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Please vote!

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
wouldn't you be reapplying as you are working and/or volunteering? sorry, just not try to turn it into a two year lag....

Anastasis said:
He meant Chyme saying "poles" instead of "polls"

Or maybe Chyme wants to erect large metal cylinders in Pre-allo, who knows?

Cylinders filled with chyme... :sleep:

You're really gunning for 500 today Chyme ;)

To be honest, if anyone says that they will not reapply next year if they don't get in this year, then they should probably reconsider their choice of careers, don't you think? Just my thought, but maybe I'm wrong. I just look at it as a measure of dedication.

I've never seen you Chancellor semi-troll this much before. Are you simply filling the void left by E's departure or are you just wanting to see "500+ Posts" under your name to better proclaim the greatness of chyme for all?

Dr Durden said:
I've never seen you Chancellor semi-troll this much before. Are you simply filling the void left by E's departure or are you just wanting to see "500+ Posts" under your name to better proclaim the greatness of chyme for all?

Chyme will be launched from the trebuchet this evening... :sleep:

Members don't see this ad :)
etf said:
wait, what the hell is going on in this thread?

We were just discussing the ChymeChancellor's majesty... :sleep:

etf said:
wait, what the hell is going on in this thread?

Mutha****in' snakes on a mutha****in' plane.

quanct said:
Mutha****in' snakes on a mutha****in' plane.

Snakes make chyme too... :sleep:

I need to get to 500 today... :sleep:

Other career. Probably go into the field of business with my degree, but I don't really want to. Maybe if that doesn't work out either, I'll go to the Air Force and try to become a pilot. :)

Since this is already my second time applying, I can't honestly see myself going to apply 3 times if I don't get in this cycle. Sure there are people that can do that, and I give them props, but I don't know if I can do it financially and emotionally. Maybe I would do bioengineering.

Dr.TobiasFünke said:
Chyme! I've had about enough of you!!! You're not reaching 500 before me!

Yeah... Okay DR. EUGENICS... I know that is your previous name... :sleep:

I wonder how many of the "kill self" votes are serious.

Congrats Chancellor on both the thread hijacking and the post count!

if this number of people actually killed themselves, the reapplicant pool should be much smaller

Anastasis said:
He meant Chyme saying "poles" instead of "polls"

Or maybe Chyme wants to erect large metal cylinders in Pre-allo, who knows?

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

i'm really worried about not getting in. i spent me and my husband's life savings taking pre-reqs/applying. i can't afford more coursework. does anyone know of a health career with the same pre-reqs as med school? i know PA school, nursing school require several more. What about pharm? I need to figure out a way to feed my kids if med school is a no-go...

I, too, am concerned with the sheer volume of "Kill myself" replies.

I'll probably work and volunteer. Also it would depend on why I get rejected. If my MCAT score really sucks I'll spend a lot of time trying to fix that, but hopefully I can get it right the first time.

Johannen said:
I, too, am concerned with the sheer volume of "Kill myself" replies.
I'm saddened by the lack of followthrough on it..... :smuggrin:

Dude, Dropkick's Guide to Dealing with Medical School Rejection should be blown up and pasted in this thread. I like the one with the bear. :laugh:

So funny!! The little arrows are the best. They look like airplane evacuation cards!

ChymeChancellor said:
Sure it is... :sleep:

What's with the number of 'kill myself' votes?
EDIT: Didn't read the rest of the thread.

MiesVanDerMom said:
i'm really worried about not getting in. i spent me and my husband's life savings taking pre-reqs/applying. i can't afford more coursework. does anyone know of a health career with the same pre-reqs as med school? i know PA school, nursing school require several more. What about pharm? I need to figure out a way to feed my kids if med school is a no-go...

Pharmacy is a good option. Also dentistry. Those two probably pay the best.

DRKUBA said:
Where is the post-bacc or masters option? isnt that a biggie?
It's probably what the majority of reapplicants do, and its probably the most successful way to better your app. I don't know why that's not listed.

Dr.TobiasFünke said:
what about "Become an actor"

courtesy of wikiquote:

Tobias: Well, yes, but I’m afraid I prematurely shot my wad on what was supposed to be a dry run, if you will, so now I’m afraid I have something of a mess on my hands.
Michael: There are just so many poorly chosen words in that sentence.

Tobias: Well, Michael, you really are quite the Cupid, aren’t you? I tell you, you can zing your arrow into my buttocks any time.
Michael: Okay, you know what you do? You buy yourself a tape recorder, you just record yourself for a whole day. I think you’re going to be surprised at some of your phrasing.
Tobias: Butterscotch! Want a lick?

Tobias: You know, Michael, perhaps I should buy you that tape recorder. Do you have any idea how often you say the word “afraid”?
Michael: Well, I-I know I used it in the Jacuzzi.
Tobias: And I apologize for that. I thought it was a pool toy.

Narrator: Tobias listens to a day's worth of his own words, to see what Michael was referring to...
Tobias Fünke: [on tape] ... even if it means me taking a chubby, I will suck it up.
Tobias Fünke: Nothing wrong with that.
Tobias Fünke: [on tape] Oh, I've been in the film business for a while, but I just can't seem to get one in the can.
Tobias Fünke: It's out of context.
Tobias Fünke: [on tape] I wouldn't mind kissing that man between the cheeks, so to speak.
Narrator: ...and he realized there is something distinct about the way he speaks.
tobias Fünke: Tobias, you blow hard!

defrunner said:
To be honest, if anyone says that they will not reapply next year if they don't get in this year, then they should probably reconsider their choice of careers, don't you think? Just my thought, but maybe I'm wrong. I just look at it as a measure of dedication.

I don't know thats true... although I personally would've reapplied had I not gotten in, I would've probably thought pretty hard and long about it... As a non trad with kids, applying and especially taking the MCAT while working full time and caring for my family, was an exhausting experience.If I hadn't gotten in, in order to improve my app, I would've had to retake the MCAT and find time to fit in a lot more clinical experience. I don't think I could stomach the MCAT a second time and am not sure where I could've found time for the clinical experience, except to just change jobs into something clinical, which would mean a big paycut.

Anyway, I'm sure there are plenty of people that have applied twice and don't want to try again for the above reasons and more.

yourmom25 said:
i voted other: crawl into a ball and cry.

If I get rejected everywhere, I'll have a f-ing meltdown. That's all. :D

How come nobody said they would try an apply for a med school thats overseas? Is there a down side to that thought which I am not aware of?

mshheaddoc said:
I agree with Dr. K

Absolutely. I'll just go after either an MPH, MPP or Master's in Bioethics (one of which I intend to get anyway), then reapply to med school afterwards.