What would be one class you would recommend for undergrads?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
PiccoloPlaya said:
College level version of 'dix are for chix 101'
Mucho more difficulto

that's funny, I thought college chix were lots easier than HS! :D

Not to mention lots more of them.

i think i got an A in that class but that was just about the only one! :p

fiddler

Members don't see this ad.

I would say A&P. it helps on MCAT, it is the core of all other classes related to the body. And you get to dissect some small animal and palpate all its innards before you get to the real thing.

The fat will gross you out though.

fiddler

fiddler said:
I would say A&P. it helps on MCAT, it is the core of all other classes related to the body. And you get to dissect some small animal and palpate all its innards before you get to the real thing.

The fat will gross you out though.

fiddler

Then bbq em :D

Members don't see this ad :)
I think if you're in school for four years, you should have more than enough time to get a decent background in biology AND be well-rounded with language, writing, public speaking, or whatever other laid back/interesting classes you want to take.

Anecdote: At a medical school interview, I sat in on one of the first few classes next to a girl that was completely clueless about what was going on. Turns out she was a history major with very little science background, and she found just the first week to be a strain. The material being REVIEWED in class that day was a core principle of biochem/genetics: rna --> dna --> protein. For many bio majors, this is information that is almost taken for granted because we've heard it so many times before. Honestly, it made me wonder what she was doing there when that's something she probably should have known even for the MCAT. If it means anything to you, this was at Columbia.

If you're sure about medical school, put yourself ahead of the curve. Biology is not hard, but as someone already mentioned, it sure does help when you already heard it, even if it was just once, before. Reviewing material is ten times easier than learning it for the first time. Even if you're not a science major, try taking one science class a semester. You don't have to plunge head first into anatomy, but every bio classe will cover a few basics that will help your general understanding of the subject. You can use your other 12-15 credits for whatever floats your boat.

Blah, what a long post. I have no life. :oops:

Just because this course hasn't been said...

"There are three kinds of lies. Lies, damned lies, and statistics" Benjamin Disraeli.

Statistics is a great course for life.

Yeahhh!

fiddler said:
that's funny, I thought college chix were lots easier than HS! :D
Not to mention lots more of them.
i think i got an A in that class but that was just about the only one! :p
fiddler

NRAI2001 said:
Then bbq em :D

mmmmm mmmmmm good. formaldehyde marinated BBQ cats. :love: My fav!

hack hack, who put a hairball in my bbq!?

fiddler

PiccoloPlaya said:
Yeaaaaaahhh babyyyyyy...
if they gonna ban me, they gonna ban me!

I woulda just spanked you for being bad! :D

what'd you get banned for? too cheeky?

fiddler

PiccoloPlaya said:
For claiming I was a guy with breasts and a penis. :eek: Oink oink. :D

You big silly!

So what do they have against tranvestites? :D

fiddler

fiddler said:
mmmmm mmmmmm good. formaldehyde marinated BBQ cats. :love: My fav!

hack hack, who put a hairball in my bbq!?

fiddler

oooooo hair ball hair ball, dibs :p