What would I need to major in?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

NY19

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
If I'm starting off at a community college what would I need to major in?

I plan on transferring into a four year afterwards and majoring in either psychology or a major related to occupational therapy before grad school but while I'm at a community college I'm lost as to what I should major in there since many community colleges do not have majors like psychology or those fields unless its a senior college.

Thank you

Members don't see this ad.

Why not do Occupational Therapy Assistant? You could make pretty decent money while finishing your last two years, and you could attend a bridge program designed specifically for COTAs that want to become OTs. If it weren't for the fact that my boyfriend is playing football at college, I would've chosen this route myself.

I searched and I don't think they have bridge programs in the state I live in (NY) If they did I would maybe consider that route.

Ahhh, I see. Then I'd suggest something such as human development (which is what I'm majoring in). You'll take courses over the normal and abnormal development of humans throughout the lifespan, which I feel is highly related to OT!