What would my score be if I took it today

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

waitingame

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey I have been studying for like 3 weeks hardcore and am getting 18/19s on all the sections using Kaplan and topscore. I was just wondering what you think my score would be if I took it today. I kinda worried about bio because I hear it is harder and much differnt than any of the tests on kaplan and top score. Also for bio is there any questions where it gives you the genus and species of some random thing and asks what are its characteristics because Kaplan has none of those just main subgroups like annelids and arthropods. Thanks guys please post some information I keep asking random people and cant get much info. THANKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:D:D:D:D

Members don't see this ad.

This could state what you got comparable to kaplan such as you got around 1 point above or below on the actual DAT .... I am just trying to see what I should expect since I take the test in less than a week!!!!!!!!!!!

Members don't see this ad :)
Well, my scores were quite random...Took 2 full lengths got 18 and 20. Took midterm got 18, took final got 22.
I know this doesn't answer your question, but info is info.

Well, my scores were quite random...Took 2 full lengths got 18 and 20. Took midterm got 18, took final got 22.
I know this doesn't answer your question, but info is info.

So did you take the actual DAT yet? If so did you think it was harder than Kaplan?

Anyone else that has taken the DAT how close were the Kaplan scores to your actual DAT

My scores for PAT, QR, and RC were similar to scores I got on Kaplan practice tests. My scores in GC and OC went up a little (I'm guessing you will probably get around a 20). My score on bio dropped from my highest practice test but was similar to the scores I received on the majority of practice tests. Hope this helps!

My scores for PAT, QR, and RC were similar to scores I got on Kaplan practice tests. My scores in GC and OC went up a little (I'm guessing you will probably get around a 20). My score on bio dropped from my highest practice test but was similar to the scores I received on the majority of practice tests. Hope this helps!

Yes Thanks a lot

There really is no way to predict your score based on Kaplan tests... theoretically they are similar to the real DAT (or so Kaplan claims), but some people get higher on the actual test and some people get lower. A lot of it depends on how you test and what kind of a knowledge base you have going in. My bio didn't change from Kaplan to actual but that is because I am a bio major. If I didn't have a solid background in bio, I would have gone down several points because Kaplan's bio materials are not complete. GC and OC both went up several points for me on the real DAT - OC more so than GC. Note, however, that these comparisons are made despite a week of nonstop studying between last Kaplan test and actual DAT, so they shouldn't be compared directly. My PAT went up a lot on the actual DAT with no additional practice, and my RC and QR stayed the same with no additional practice. From what others have said on here previously and my experience, Kaplan is at least a decent resource for everything except for bio.

Really, though, don't worry about all of this comparison/prediction stuff! It is not necessarily consistent from one person to another. Study your a** off until you take the test so that you do the best you can, regardless of how others scored. Then you will have plenty of time to worry about what score you actually got. Good luck!