What would you like to see in this forum?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

mshheaddoc

Howdy
Moderator Emeritus
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
I'm looking for feedback for this forum. What do you want from this forum?

We have a lot of people who scroll through here but not everyone posts. If you don't feel comfortable posting, PLEASE PM me.

Members don't see this ad.

We have a lot of people who scroll through here but not everyone posts. If you don't feel comfortable posting, PLEASE PM me.

Responses. ;)

Members don't see this ad :)

I think what we're really missing is women who have Been There and Done That. (The pediatrics forum, by the way, seems to have the same problem... threads tend to be "I want to know more about [whatever]..." "gee, yeah, I've been worrying about that too..." with only one or two people who can jump in and say "well, from my experience...")

How do we get actual female doctors to come & share? The obvious problem, of course, is that they're all really busy. We especially want to hear from the ones successfully balancing family life and career -- ironically, the successful balancing act probably doesn't include a whole lot of time spent in internet chat rooms. :rolleyes:

Well.....I scroll thru - but the threads are all physician related. Thats not such a bad thing - my daughter is an MSIII - but, I'm not even sure she reads it!

Really - you're threads are all women in MEDICINE specialties - not healthcare.......I've been a practicing pharmacist for 30 years. Funny - my female physician & dental colleagues & friends (my husband's a dentist - we've got lots of dentist friends) - all have the same issues as me.

We've all had to balance our professional lives with our spouses, made choices about children, whose career predominates & when.....but - its all specifically related to medicine here - so I don't post & frankly, don't even stop here much 'cause its not so welcoming.