Unhealthy to see patients during pregnancy?

Started by directdoc
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

directdoc

Full Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Just wondering...is it unhealthy for the unborn baby if you are around sick kids (as a pediatrician) all day? I know there is always the risk of you catching something.
 
Minimal. Practice safe handwashing as you would anyways. You're probably more apt to catch minor contagious viral illnesses but honestly this is so depedant on the individual. I know a pediatrician who has NEVER been sick in his 6 years of practice so far.
 
The risk is very low.
we always have somebody not expecting to see the rash that might be 5th disease.
And take a flu shot!
I had the flu when I had my second baby.