Quantcast

What year in school to select for non traditional student

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

MrJohnW

Reaction score

Members don't see this ad.
I graduated in 2012 with a bachelor of science and then went to graduate school for occupational therapy where I received a master of occupational therapy in 2014. I recently took undergraduate courses in 2019 to meet prerequisites for med school.

As a non traditional applicant who took undergraduate courses in 2019 after going to graduate school, should I put Senior or Graduate under year in school for those undergraduate classes taken in 2019?

MrJohnW

Reaction score
I do see an option for "PostBaccalaureate undergraduate". However, I didn't choose that since I am not in a PostBaccalaureate program. At the moment I have "senior" selected. I am hoping that will be alright.

gyngyn

Alta California
Staff member
Administrator
Volunteer Staff
Lifetime Donor
10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I do see an option for "PostBaccalaureate undergraduate". However, I didn't choose that since I am not in a PostBaccalaureate program. At the moment I have "senior" selected. I am hoping that will be alright.
If you have accumulated a sufficient number of hours to complete a bachelor's degree, AMCAS will consider these post bac.
It is perfectly ok for you to designate them now, though.

Reactions: 1 users

gonnif

Rule One: Take a Breath
Lifetime Donor
10+ Year Member
Reaction score
POST BAC, you are not a senior

xMikeyDay

2+ Year Member
Reaction score
@gonnif @gyngyn

I'm in a similar situation, I did 3 semesters at a university and dropped out, took a year off, and went to an associates program, then a bachelors. What do I put for those classes in the associates program and bachelors

gyngyn

Alta California
Staff member
Administrator
Volunteer Staff
Lifetime Donor
10+ Year Member
Reaction score
@gonnif @gyngyn

I'm in a similar situation, I did 3 semesters at a university and dropped out, took a year off, and went to an associates program, then a bachelors. What do I put for those classes in the associates program and bachelors
Undergraduate classes can be divided into 4 even pieces sufficient for graduation (without regard to how long it took to complete them). Any additional undergraduate level classes are "post bac" whether they are part of a special Post-bac or not.

Reactions: 1 user

xMikeyDay

2+ Year Member
Reaction score
@gyngyn So disregard the institutions and split up my credits evenly to reflect freshman, sophmore, junior, and senior years in college?

Reactions: 1 user