What year in school to select for non traditional student

• Livestream AMA: Join SDN as we welcome Dr. John Ligon, a Pediatric Oncologist with the National Cancer Institute on May 11th at 8:00 PM Eastern. Register now!
Jun 13, 2020
Status (Visible)
  1. Pre-Medical
I graduated in 2012 with a bachelor of science and then went to graduate school for occupational therapy where I received a master of occupational therapy in 2014. I recently took undergraduate courses in 2019 to meet prerequisites for med school.

As a non traditional applicant who took undergraduate courses in 2019 after going to graduate school, should I put Senior or Graduate under year in school for those undergraduate classes taken in 2019?

Jun 13, 2020
Status (Visible)
  1. Pre-Medical
I do see an option for "PostBaccalaureate undergraduate". However, I didn't choose that since I am not in a PostBaccalaureate program. At the moment I have "senior" selected. I am hoping that will be alright.

About the Ads

gyngyn

Staff member
Administrator
Volunteer Staff
7+ Year Member
Nov 4, 2011
Status (Visible)
  1. Attending Physician
I do see an option for "PostBaccalaureate undergraduate". However, I didn't choose that since I am not in a PostBaccalaureate program. At the moment I have "senior" selected. I am hoping that will be alright.
If you have accumulated a sufficient number of hours to complete a bachelor's degree, AMCAS will consider these post bac.
It is perfectly ok for you to designate them now, though.

Reactions: 1 users

xMikeyDay

2+ Year Member
Jun 15, 2018
Atlantis
Status (Visible)
  1. Pre-Medical
@gonnif @gyngyn

I'm in a similar situation, I did 3 semesters at a university and dropped out, took a year off, and went to an associates program, then a bachelors. What do I put for those classes in the associates program and bachelors

gyngyn

Staff member
Administrator
Volunteer Staff
7+ Year Member
Nov 4, 2011
Status (Visible)
  1. Attending Physician
@gonnif @gyngyn

I'm in a similar situation, I did 3 semesters at a university and dropped out, took a year off, and went to an associates program, then a bachelors. What do I put for those classes in the associates program and bachelors
Undergraduate classes can be divided into 4 even pieces sufficient for graduation (without regard to how long it took to complete them). Any additional undergraduate level classes are "post bac" whether they are part of a special Post-bac or not.

Reactions: 1 user

xMikeyDay

2+ Year Member
Jun 15, 2018
Atlantis
Status (Visible)
  1. Pre-Medical
@gyngyn So disregard the institutions and split up my credits evenly to reflect freshman, sophmore, junior, and senior years in college?

Reactions: 1 user
About the Ads

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. Your new thread title is very short, and likely is unhelpful.
  2. Your reply is very short and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  3. Your reply is very long and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  4. It is very likely that it does not need any further discussion and thus bumping it serves no purpose.
  5. Your message is mostly quotes or spoilers.
  6. Your reply has occurred very quickly after a previous reply and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  7. This thread is locked.