What year in school to select for non traditional student

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

futuredocguy

2+ Year Member
Reaction score
I graduated in 2012 with a bachelor of science and then went to graduate school for occupational therapy where I received a master of occupational therapy in 2014. I recently took undergraduate courses in 2019 to meet prerequisites for med school.

As a non traditional applicant who took undergraduate courses in 2019 after going to graduate school, should I put Senior or Graduate under year in school for those undergraduate classes taken in 2019?

Members don't see this ad.

I do see an option for "PostBaccalaureate undergraduate". However, I didn't choose that since I am not in a PostBaccalaureate program. At the moment I have "senior" selected. I am hoping that will be alright.

Members don't see this ad :)
I do see an option for "PostBaccalaureate undergraduate". However, I didn't choose that since I am not in a PostBaccalaureate program. At the moment I have "senior" selected. I am hoping that will be alright.
If you have accumulated a sufficient number of hours to complete a bachelor's degree, AMCAS will consider these post bac.
It is perfectly ok for you to designate them now, though.

Reactions: 1 users
@gonnif @gyngyn

I'm in a similar situation, I did 3 semesters at a university and dropped out, took a year off, and went to an associates program, then a bachelors. What do I put for those classes in the associates program and bachelors

@gonnif @gyngyn

I'm in a similar situation, I did 3 semesters at a university and dropped out, took a year off, and went to an associates program, then a bachelors. What do I put for those classes in the associates program and bachelors
Undergraduate classes can be divided into 4 even pieces sufficient for graduation (without regard to how long it took to complete them). Any additional undergraduate level classes are "post bac" whether they are part of a special Post-bac or not.

Reactions: 1 user
@gyngyn So disregard the institutions and split up my credits evenly to reflect freshman, sophmore, junior, and senior years in college?

Reactions: 1 user