What's a cutoff score for osteopathic medical schools?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Status
Not open for further replies.
The Joplin campus opened in 2017, so no one has graduated from there yet.
He was at Joplin. Can any KCU grad or student comment on whether there were graduates from Joplin at the 2020 KCU vitual graduation? I bet you there were.

Members don't see this ad.

He was at Joplin. Can any KCU grad or student comment on whether there were graduates from Joplin at the 2020 KCU vitual graduation? I bet you there were.
I'm a current student. I can confirm that there were not.

OP, how have you studied for the mcat? Have you taken a class? Hired a tutor? Did you study each day or sporadically? Did you focus on memorization or reasoning? Sub scores of 123 indicates deficiencies in content knowledge - this certainly can be addressed. When you say that you have hit your cap, how do you know? Do you have anxiety around testing? If so, this can be addressed.

You have options and you certainly have time. Medical schools aren’t going anywhere. To summarize for you, you can:
1. Apply this cycle targeting schools with low mcat scores / new programs that may be more forgiving. Based on the data, your odds of an acceptance aren’t great but there is still a chance. No one has said you will or won’t be admitted, just that the odds aren’t in your favor.
2. You could try for a third mcat attempt and invest the resources to put yourself in the best position possible to do well. This means either a class, tutor, New test prep materials, and perhaps counseling if anxiety is a problem.
3. You could pursue a SMP where you can demonstrate that you can handle the rigors of medical school. You should know that this is a risky option because if you do not perform well it will likely be the end of the road.
4. A combination of the above: apply, retake mcat, and / or a SMP if you aren’t admitted.

Reactions: 1 user
No one has graduated from Joplin yet.

Reactions: 1 user
Status
Not open for further replies.