WHat's a good NBME SCORE???

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

docfoofoo

docfoofoo
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Just wondering as to what a passing score on the NBME dignostic would be??

Members don't see this ad.

Actually, 60% is the minimum passing score....( my school requires the NBME exam for every freakin' class beginning first year )

Hmmm...I wonder if there are a few different "versions" of the exam running around. Our school requires us to "pass" them too, but a 63% passes. We get an "official" breakdown of how we did in what area, and what our score would have correlated to had it been test day. This said 63% was the cuttoff. Perhaps divinemsm's class takes a different one? I'm sure it's possible!

Willamette

Members don't see this ad :)
I think Willamette is referring to the NBME basic science comprehensive exam. It's a 175 question test. Our class took this in the middle of March. A 63 is considering passing and is equivalent to a STEP 1 score of 183. The mean on the NBME basic science comprehensive is a 70 with a standard deviation of 8. A 70 on this exam correlates to a 200 on step 1, a 78 = 220, etc....

By the way.. a 63 on the exam does NOT correlate to a 63%, nor does a 70 correlate to a 70% according to the score interpretation guide...

My quesry was about the 200 question sample exam that you buy from NBME website. The scores can range from 0-800. what score is considered passing for this exam. I was told its 320-330 and above. Let me know if you guys and gals have heard differently.

:sleep: