Whats a good wage for a grad intern?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Chriskahn

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I'm in WA state. I got offered $28.50/hr with Wags as a grad intern. I heard that grad interns make half what pharmacists make. I know I will float for a while after getting licensed so I'm guessing I'll be making $57/hr?

I know a few classmates that are getting $60-65/hr offers with Rite Aid as a pharmacist. But they had to relocate to Oregon.

I'm going to take the offer but I was just wondering if I should continue looking for other opportunities or just be set on being a floater with Wags and potentially getting $57/hr?

Members don't see this ad.

mine is pretty similar. grad intern is $33 and pharmacist is $66. it kinda depend on which area tho

Members don't see this ad :)
Mines is also $28.50 grad intern and $57 pharmacist

Congrats on your guys offers. From what I know, it goes off of the market. Supply and Demand ratio of now many applicants to how much really is needed. Saturated areas get paid less while middle of no where gets paid well. Haha.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It just varies by area. Mine was 29.50/59rph (although I still dont have my RPH rate in writing.. I was just told that verbally). People have gotten as low as 27 in saturated areas (at wag- I have heard as low as 24 for grocery store!). I feel like wag is always middle of CVS and RAD.

I would try to start in high demand area so your rate is as high as possible. Then move. It is unlikely we will get much in the way of raises. They move your compensation up to minimum, but wont move it down unless you're above market maximum.