Whats considered in the Science GPA?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Qarmonist

Membership Revoked
Removed
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
What is considered the science gpa? is it the prereq science courses that only the dental schools ask for ,or do other biology classes count as well that aren't in the prereq list cause i'm taking a lot more science courses. How about courses like human sexuality, microbiology, physical chemistry, immunology, virology, anatomy, are those also added in science gpa?

Members don't see this ad.

Qarmonist said:
What is considered the science gpa? is it the prereq science courses that only the dental schools ask for ,or do other biology classes count as well that aren't in the prereq list cause i'm taking a lot more science courses. How about courses like human sexuality, microbiology, physical chemistry, immunology, virology, anatomy, are those also added in science gpa?

Other biology courses, and not just the basic prereqs, factor into the science gpa. When you enter your transcripts on your AADSAS application there is a form (which you can download and print) which classifies all types of undergraduate courses and will let you know which ones are used to determine you science gpa.

http://aadsas.adea.org/

go here, click on 'instructions', go forward to the part about course work, and click on the 'course codes' link. the ones with one * are included in science GPA. the ones with ** are included in BCP. the remaining ones only count towards overall GPA.

Members don't see this ad :)
Yes - all your biologies will count towards science GPA and towards BCP. Even your computer classes and math classes will count toward science classes... I was a bit surprised when I learned this.

...even pysch classes and a SOCIAL stats class, for goodness' sake. i don't consider soc a science, and stats was little more advanced than multiplicaton, but evidently AADSAS disagrees.

Biogirl361 said:
http://aadsas.adea.org/

go here, click on 'instructions', go forward to the part about course work, and click on the 'course codes' link. the ones with one * are included in science GPA. the ones with ** are included in BCP. the remaining ones only count towards overall GPA.

Thanks for da info really got my questions answered. :)