-
CycleTrack and SDN are teaming up to make medical school admissions more transparent and accessible! Read the announcement to learn how we’re supporting the future of CycleTrack’s free application-tracking tools .
You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
Whats goin on at NYP?
Started by willrocks
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
Probably high turnover. Most of my preceptors have said a lot of negative reviews about residencies and jobs in general at NYP.
For example, if you're gonna work part-time as a tech or intern over there, you absolutely have to work at least one night shift every week. And they are absolutely not flexible when it comes to taking days off or calling out because of exams.
Compare that to the nursing home where I work. I'm scheduled to work at 6PM, but because of rotations I usually roll in some time between 7 and 8. They don't care at all.
For example, if you're gonna work part-time as a tech or intern over there, you absolutely have to work at least one night shift every week. And they are absolutely not flexible when it comes to taking days off or calling out because of exams.
Compare that to the nursing home where I work. I'm scheduled to work at 6PM, but because of rotations I usually roll in some time between 7 and 8. They don't care at all.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
i wont say anything here publicly
but if you research/look around + ask former employees, you'll understand why
Don't be afraid to say it. They ****ing work you like a dog and make it seem like they're doing you a favor.
Work hard w/o appreciation is pretty typical for major metropolitan hospitals.
Anybody know if they consider new grads w/o residency for staffing positions?
Anybody know if they consider new grads w/o residency for staffing positions?
And they are absolutely not flexible when it comes to taking days off or calling out because of exams.
well no ****, it's a job...i'd be pissed too if people called out for something stupid like an exam.
dude, this is like the best hospital in nyc. I really want to step foot there as a pharmacy student, even if they work me like a dog, I would be happy lol...Don't be afraid to say it. They ****ing work you like a dog and make it seem like they're doing you a favor.
I have heard that a couple pharmacists left recently for director positions at other area hospitals, so they are probably replacing them.
I do know people who got jobs there without residency, but they all worked there for a few years while at school. And the last of them got a job there in 2008, so that might have been a different market.
And even earlier, I remember when I first moved to New Jersey, they kept sending me postcards every couple months inviting me to apply there and saying how great they were.
I do know people who got jobs there without residency, but they all worked there for a few years while at school. And the last of them got a job there in 2008, so that might have been a different market.
And even earlier, I remember when I first moved to New Jersey, they kept sending me postcards every couple months inviting me to apply there and saying how great they were.

well no ****, it's a job...i'd be pissed too if people called out for something stupid like an exam.
Beat me to the punch.
As far as NYP goes, I've heard things. That is all.
Beat me to the punch.
As far as NYP goes, I've heard things. That is all.
i think we've all heard things
didnt they go with half residency spots unfilled at match this past year? wonder why🙄
.
I will admit as a west coaster I know nothing about NYP. But if anyone wants to PM and give me the dirt, I have to admit, that is thread made me curious...
in all honesty, are these really valid position openings? A hospital near where I work is required to post positions even when they plan to fill them internally. i would think a place like NYP with a residency program would be able to fill their positions from within??
in all honesty, are these really valid position openings? A hospital near where I work is required to post positions even when they plan to fill them internally. i would think a place like NYP with a residency program would be able to fill their positions from within??
Last edited:
I will admit as a west coaster I know nothing about NYP. But if anyone wants to PM and give me the dirt, I have to admit, that is thread made me curious...
in all honesty, are these really valid position openings? A hospital near where I work is required to post positions even when they plan to fill them internally. i would think a place like NYP with a residency program would be able to fill their positions from within??
reading about NYP reminds of the stories i hear about Cedars
And Cedars is _________?
a)awesome?
a)awesome?

Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I will admit as a west coaster I know nothing about NYP. But if anyone wants to PM and give me the dirt, I have to admit, that is thread made me curious...
in all honesty, are these really valid position openings? A hospital near where I work is required to post positions even when they plan to fill them internally. i would think a place like NYP with a residency program would be able to fill their positions from within??
if you do some research on the web, im sure you'll find some good info
Similar threads
- Replies
- 1
- Views
- 3K
- Replies
- 6
- Views
- 3K