What's great about Jefferson?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

WiseGuy

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I'm a Florida resident and I was recently accepted to University of Florida, which I'm really excited about. I have this Jefferson interview scheduled for early March...I've been on three interviews in the past two weeks and at this point, I'm really tired of traveling. I'm thinking about cancelling my Jefferson interview, but I don't really know much about the school. Can anyone who knows more than I do give me some reasons why I should or shouldn't go on this interview? I've also interviewed at Tufts, Emory, Duke, and U. Pitt and I'm waiting to hear from all four of them.

Thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

It's in a medical hub. However, I would go to U of F and save $. Pennsylvania schools suck when it comes to tuition rates. Plus, you'll be down in the swamp watching the gators kick butt. Florida women are a lot more fun to look at anyway. ;)

Jays2Cool4u :cool:

Members don't see this ad :)
jays2cool4u said:
It's in a medical hub. However, I would go to U of F and save $. Pennsylvania schools suck when it comes to tuition rates. Plus, you'll be down in the swamp watching the gators kick butt. Florida women are a lot more fun to look at anyway. ;)

Jays2Cool4u :cool:

Yea, for a FL resident, stay in Gainesville. It's cold in Philly too. Go Gators!

Jeff has all the Philly schools beat when it comes to location (heart of Center City, and I believe there's specific student housing). Also, definitely go if you happen to be interested in derm since there's a high match rate.

Honestly chances are the tuition alone will favor UF (as someone interested in peds, I'll be the first to tell you not to disregard this!) but you might as well check it out, especially if you're more a big city person. It's always possible they could give decent financial aid.