What's late for being complete for MD/PhD?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

phonyreal98

Full Member
15+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
If I am complete at all schools with verified primary, secondaries, LORs, transcripts, etc., by late august-early September, how late am I?
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I didn't start submitting secondaries until September; my last two I submitted mid-October and it didn't hurt me for any school. *I wasn't even in the last interview group for any school, so I don't think you're late at all. Most schools don't even start reviewing secondaries until mid-August.

*n=1 and your mileage may vary.
 
I don't know if anyone could come up with an answer for this, but say I submit my primaries at the end of July, about when would my application be verified and secondaries start rolling in? It seems like I need to finish secondaries by late August to not be at a disadvantage. Would this be feasible if my primaries are submitted so late?

EDIT: Someone mentioned that MD/PhD secondaries are different from MD only. Are they different in the same way primaries are different? As in extra essays = more time required working on them.
 
Last edited: