Whats More Important?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

DAT24

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I plan on applying to Dental school for the first time this cycle. I understand the importance of turing in an early application. My original plan was to begin studying in April study through May and have my application in on June 3 with my first DAT score.

Well, this semester is getting difficult as I try to keep A's in my classes. I also have two little boys that I spend time with and a wife to keep a strong relationship with. I am not sure if I will be able to devote enough quality to studying for the DAT till this semester is over, May 8th.

My questions is when do I need to take the DAT in order to have the scores at the school just as the first mail out get there so that there is no delay in my application being reviewed?

Members don't see this ad.

This last cycle I filled out the AADSAS application early and submitted it June 15th. I believe that the first mailing was the first part of July, somebody please correct me if I am wrong. I took my DAT July 10th and just had the DAT scores sent to all the schools. With all of that being said I would still consider myself an early applicant.

I think the best thing you can do is give yourself the time you need to study well for the DAT. If your application isn't submitted on June 3rd you can still be an early applicant if you finish up the DAT in July if needs be.