Whats my chance with a 27, 3.89 cGPA 3.97sGPA?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

D2thaJay

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Like the title says I got a 27 on my May 30 MCAT.
PS: 9 VR: 8 BS: 10
I took the MCAT once last August just to see how I would do but I barely studied due to many other obligations I had last summer. I ended up with a 26N.
PS: 7 VR: 9 BS: 10
This time around I studied my ass off for four months and followed the SN2ed schedule.
AAMC practice range:29-34
Average:31
Needless to say I was shocked about my school but I just cannot see myself getting the motivation to study for a retake later this summer just because I feel rather discouraged.

My GPA is really strong as well as my extracurriculars. i attend a private university in Ohio.

3.89 cGPA 3.97sGPA

-lots of community service
-president of a club
-shadowing
-work experience
- etc.

AMCAS submitted: 6/18
The schools I have already applied to are:

Ohio state (#1)
University of Cincinnati
Wright State
University of Toledo
Case Western
Northeastern Ohio
Indiana University
Penn State
University of Louisville
University of Kentucky
Virginia Commonwealth
University of Central Florida (#2)
University of South Florida
University of Miami
Duke (obviously know this is an extreme stretch and I am not expecting it)

I also plan on applying to a few DO schools. Suggestions welcomed.

I have a lot to offer and have strong Letters and good personality. If I can just get to the interviews I know I can win them over (not being cocky).

I will take any suggestions on when I should do next or other schools I should apply to etc.

Members don't see this ad.

Chances are pretty much zero now at MD programs, except maybe at the lowest of the low-tiers. With a 26 and 27, though, I'm doubtful. You also displayed some very poor choice making ("I took the MCAT once last August just to see how I would do but I barely studied due to many other obligations I had last summer. I ended up with a 26N) to take a high-stakes, career-deciding exam with little prep. Do NOT mention this at any interviews.

The good news is that you're fine for any DO program, including mine.

Also, I cringe when I see someone write this.

I have a lot to offer and have strong Letters and good personality. If I can just get to the interviews I know I can win them over (not being cocky).

You seem to have a very high opinion of yourself. I am worried that that will come across more at any interview than your "winning personality".

MCAT is holding you back from what would otherwise be solid MD chances. If you retake a third time, you need to ace it; even though multiple retakes isn't a good thing, if you absolutely killed it, you'd have a real shot at MD.

DO is fine.