What’s on your bucket list?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
D

deleted1139339

Just graduated from undergrad a month ago.

Most of my friends are currently traveling in Europe, Asia, or Australia. But I just decided to started my job early right after graduating. Honestly, I have no regrets about it, especially since I’m too busy with premed stuff to travel.

But today my friend traveling in Europe sends me pics from Paris/Zurich/Amsterdam. Right as I’m 3 hours deep into writing code at my software job and chipping away at the bugs. So I decided to take a break for 10 minutes and make a bucket list of things I’ll do when I get into med school:

1) Get green contacts (Aishwarya Rai green)
2) Spend 3-4 months in India reconnecting with the motherland (maybe I can take my grandmother with me since she hasn’t been back in a few years either!)
3) Buy all the clothes and high-heel shoes I want with no expense limit
4) Start Sangeetham lessons again (Carnatic, Hindustani, Filmy, Vocal, Flute, or Percussion)
5) Start Indian classical dance lessons again (Kuchipudi, Bharatanatyam, Kathak, or Odissi)
6) Buy my first car (probably a Prius) with my own money (w/o financial help from family; I’m an adult with my own money)
7) Buy professional recording equipment for my renditions of Indian film music
8) If I somehow magically get accepted by September I’ll celebrate my 22nd birthday by napping for 36 straight hours. Phone switched off, no contact. Not even if my parents call me.
9) Get a nose piercing

What’s on your bucket list when you get into med school?

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: 1 user
If I get into medical school, my bucket list would be sending extensive thank-you cards / gifts to everyone who helped me in this process. I'd probably dedicate the summer before medical school to this. Usually I send thank-you emails to professors / mentors at the end of every semester or physicians after shadowing; my goal would be to send physically mailed cards to everyone involved. Especially my first-grade teacher; she's been a source of encouragement for many years and nothing makes her happier than the successes of her students.

Reactions: 2 users
If I get into medical school, my bucket list would be sending extensive thank-you cards / gifts to everyone who helped me in this process. I'd probably dedicate the summer before medical school to this. Usually I send thank-you emails to professors / mentors at the end of every semester or physicians after shadowing; my goal would be to send physically mailed cards to everyone involved. Especially my first-grade teacher; she's been a source of encouragement for many years and nothing makes her happier than the successes of her students.

That’s so wholesome! I hope you get in :)

Reactions: 1 user