What's so special about pink tape?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

it also retains that extra-special ability, one that patients really appreciate, to cause tissue necrosis if applied incorrectly.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Latex-free, zinc oxide-based tape is soothing to delicate skin. Protective nature is perfect for extended wear. Waterproof and washable; apply to wet skin without slipping or detaching. Conforms easily to all body contours.

or you can slop it on with that white tape (silk) the ortho dudes use to paste the patients arms to the table.

http://www.hytape.com/hytape/Docs/hytape.html

You forgot its inherent Downy softness and its ability to prevent cancer.🙂
 
I like it for prone cases, it holds like crazy. Throw a tegaderm on each cheek for reinforcement, mastisol ahead of time. So far its held on for my prone folks, even the trauma patients with really greasy skin. I really don't want to learn how to intubated upside down.

Otherwise I'm a silk tape splitter. With the exception of big beards, then I sometimes tie the tube. I use the Dr. Novac tie technique.
 
I like it for prone cases, it holds like crazy. Throw a tegaderm on each cheek for reinforcement, mastisol ahead of time. So far its held on for my prone folks, even the trauma patients with really greasy skin. I really don't want to learn how to intubated upside down.

Otherwise I'm a silk tape splitter. With the exception of big beards, then I sometimes tie the tube. I use the Dr. Novac tie technique.

I liked that novac technique. forgot how to do it but it was slick as all get out.
 
I like it for prone cases, it holds like crazy. Throw a tegaderm on each cheek for reinforcement, mastisol ahead of time.

77497130_95bbb5ecef_m.jpg