What's the best way to get to CCOM?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Nanook

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
I have an interview at CCOM soon (Fr, Nov 10th), and I was wondering what was the best way to get to the school from the airport. A few things to consider:

--I am from small-town Alaska (our idea of traffic is two pickups stuck in the snow!), and not really interested in navigating my way through several subways, busses, train stations, etc. I'd surely get lost, if not mugged and killed just for looking like a dork.

--The school recommended "take a limo service"--which they say is about 30 bucks one way. Money is not really too much of a problem (I have a job), so this is an option. Apparently a cab is about twice this?

Is there any other option that perhaps I am overlooking? I am staying at one of the hotels nearby, but apparently the school is too far out of town to have a shuttle to the airport.

Members don't see this ad.

For thirty bucks each way, you would be better off renting a small car. I'm sure that you can get a compact car for something like $25 a day as long as you don't go over so many miles.

The school is pretty far out of town, but I don't really think that it is that far from O'hare though.

My advice is to take the limo. It is easy to get to CCOM from Ohare, but you have to take major expressways to get there. IF you are not used to this type of driving, then save yourself the stress and get transportation. If you decide to drive, here are the directions:

Come out of Ohare and take Rt 190 east (Rt 190 is a special expressway that only goes to Ohare)to Rt 294 south (the Tristate). There is a 40 cent toll on 294. Take 294 south to Rt 88 (east-west tollway). There is a 40 cent toll on Rt 88. Take 88 east to Highland Ave (about 3mi). Take Highland south to 31st street and make a left. (large office buildings on corner) CCOM is about 1 mi down on the right hand side. You will see the sign for Midwestern University.

Good Luck

Bill
MS-3 CCOM