Whats the chance I will get dismissed after failing the first semester of M1 year?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
How much time are you studying including attending lectures and such? I'm averaging 100 hours a week, so all but an hour per day I spend studying and drilling myself with Anki cards. Sounds like your depression is affecting your memory recall, and you need to get a confirmed diagnosis and then meet with your school instead of wondering when the axe will fall. Take charge of the situation and show leadership and ask to repeat the year, and take the Spring and Summer to get treatment down and try again. Hoping things get better is no solution.

Members don't see this ad.

How much time are you studying including attending lectures and such? I'm averaging 100 hours a week, so all but an hour per day I spend studying and drilling myself with Anki cards. Sounds like your depression is affecting your memory recall, and you need to get a confirmed diagnosis and then meet with your school instead of wondering when the axe will fall. Take charge of the situation and show leadership and ask to repeat the year, and take the Spring and Summer to get treatment down and try again. Hoping things get better is no solution.
You study 14+ hours a day?

Reactions: 5 users
Bruh! There’s zero reason someone should have to study 100 hours a week. If you actually are I’d be worried about burning out at some point... I’m only putting in 40-50 hours a week and scoring well above the averages...

Reactions: 6 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Bruh! There’s zero reason someone should have to study 100 hours a week. If you actually are I’d be worried about burning out at some point... I’m only putting in 40-50 hours a week and scoring well above the averages...

Yeah I never studied anywhere near this much, even for Step 1.

Last edited:
Reactions: 4 users
Imagine a patient with problems relating to bowel movements. A lot of patients would be really embarrassed to even talk about their poop so they’ll just suffer with the symptoms getting worse with time. Some might talk to a doctor, but hide the most embarrassing issues. The patients who get the best care are the ones who boldly walk into the clinic and openly share every issue. Mental health and underperforming in an environment where it feels like everyone else is succeeding is the same- embarrassing but the sooner you talk about it and the more open you are, the better off you’ll be.
Now think about the doctor who is treating the patient with bowel problems. Will the doctor laugh about the patient later? Will she/he make fun of them behind their back while talking to colleagues? NO! No way. A doctor’s job is to take care of sick people. Academic success is there to take care of students that struggle. I’ll take it a step further to say that those in academic success respect and appreciate those that boldy confront their problems and the take joy in seeing a student’s success story. That’s what makes their job enjoyable- the come back story. For the record I’m talking from experience too. I know I have problems with studying. I talked to academic success before the semester started and told them where I struggle. They told me to take a quiz or two then see them again to see if I still had the problem in medical school. I still had the same problem and my scores were low. They hooked me up with a weekly tutor who helped me focus on important topics. My tutor really learned where I was struggling after 3 or 4 sessions and that’s when he became an incredible help. He not only helped me focus my efforts but gave me study materials, adjusted my studying schedule/strategies, and checked on me regularly so he could be prepared with pertinent material. I landed perfectly in the middle of the class overall at the end of the semester- a total win for me. You’ll be successful if you let others help you get there and don’t worry about what anyone thinks. Most of your classmates will be willing to help you any way they can if you reach out to them too.

• Love
Reactions: 3 users