What's the deal with COMATs?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

butidontwantto

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Been looking online for info on COMAT format and can only find that it's 125 questions in 2.5 hours. Are the questions split up into sections? Is there a place somewhere in the middle where you can use the bathroom if you need to? Do you get a score report that breaks down how you did in certain categories like the level 1 score report?

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Been looking online for info on COMAT format and can only find that it's 125 questions in 2.5 hours. Are the questions split up into sections? Is there a place somewhere in the middle where you can use the bathroom if you need to? Do you get a score report that breaks down how you did in certain categories like the level 1 score report?
Answer to all of these is no.

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
I think you so get a score report but it’s basically useless due to the small sample size and overlapping confidence intervals.

I think you so get a score report but it’s basically useless due to the small sample size and overlapping confidence intervals.
This ^

You can take a bathroom break but you can’t pause the exam during that time. I usually have ample time during exams but even I struggled during my recent COMAT, so no breaks for me.

Reactions: 1 user
Comats are even more baffling than comlex. Walk out shaking your head and drop a 130. Walk out feeling decent and hit 117. The scoring is weird and questionable.

Reactions: 1 users