whats the diff between post-bacc and just taking courses?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

MyNameIsAlex

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
hey, whats the diff between post-bacc and just taking the pre-reqs regularly?

is it just that there is no bell-curve in post-bac?

Members don't see this ad.

MyNameIsAlex said:
hey, whats the diff between post-bacc and just taking the pre-reqs regularly?

is it just that there is no bell-curve in post-bac?

One difference is that some official programs offer perks like writing committee letters for your application, say if your undergrad school does not have a committee. Some programs have strong ties to medical schools, and some are just well known in general and are competative to gain admission. In the end it comes down to how well you do in your classes, but if you can get into a good program I think it makes you stand out more if you do well, especially if your GPA is below average to begin with.

Not sure where you are going with the bell-curve. :confused:

by bell curve i mean... in my school the class avg by policy at the end has to be around 60-65% not more... so if students have good grades they'll give a messed up final that will drop the overall class gpa to that range...

so ur mark is not really what you know..but how well u do better than others... kinda sucks

MyNameIsAlex said:
by bell curve i mean... in my school the class avg by policy at the end has to be around 60-65% not more... so if students have good grades they'll give a messed up final that will drop the overall class gpa to that range...

so ur mark is not really what you know..but how well u do better than others... kinda sucks

I'm not sure how it is at other schools or programs, but here at Harvard post bacc there is no curve and theoretically everyone in the class *could earn an A, however I doubt that has ever occured.