What's the difference between Neural Science and Neuroscience?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

recycleruminate

Full Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
or is there not a difference? I'm starting to think they are the same thing, but then my friend scoffed at me for using them interchangeably, without explaining the difference.

this is REALLY bothering me, and i don't care if the answer is obvious...somebody PLEASE school me.
 
I have a BS in "Neural Science" and a PhD in "Neuroscience". I have read Kandel and Schwartz's "Principles of Neural Science" and Squire et al.'s "Fundamental Neuroscience". I can say with absolute certainty that there is no difference between the two terms. Your friend has too much time on his hands.