whats the differences b/w A and A-?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

superman1122

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
do AADSAS calculate your gpa differently if you got an A, compared to an A minus??..

Members don't see this ad.

Yes there is a separate gpa with +/- and without

Members don't see this ad :)
do dental schools know that some college have the +/- system.. while some dont?.. b/c in that sense. .... some school can say a 89 is a B(3.0), while some can say a 89 is a A-(3.7).. I mean.. that would be kinda unfair would it?.. do dental schools look into that???!!!!!!!! please tell me they do!

"whats the differences b/w A and A-?"

One gets you into the school you want, the other gets you into a daily email/sdn checking mode ;)

do dental schools know that some college have the +/- system.. while some dont?.. b/c in that sense. .... some school can say a 89 is a B(3.0), while some can say a 89 is a A-(3.7).. I mean.. that would be kinda unfair would it?.. do dental schools look into that???!!!!!!!! please tell me they do!
no school in US has 89 as an A- at most it would be a B+.
A- is when you get 90-92.5 or 93 (depends on the school), and A is from 93-97 or 97.5 (again it all depends on school you are attending) and then everything above it is an A+

no school in US has 89 as an A- at most it would be a B+.
A- is when you get 90-92.5 or 93 (depends on the school), and A is from 93-97 or 97.5 (again it all depends on school you are attending) and then everything above it is an A+

thts not true..this was from my class that i took in the spring A+ = 97-100%
A = 90-96.9%
A- = 88-89.9%
B+ = 86-87.9%
B = 80-85.9%
B- = 78-79.9%
C+ = 76-77.9%
C = 70-75.9%
C- = 68-69.9%
D = 60-67.9%
F = 59.9 and below.

"whats the differences b/w A and A-?"

One gets you into the school you want, the other gets you into a daily email/sdn checking mode ;)

so do dental school know if your college have the +/- system? like i had made a bunch of 88s 89s when i was in college.. but they were all Bs (3.0).. while schools that had the +/- system.. 88s 89s would be a B+.. (3.5) or wht not

which mean.. ppl in these schools had a higher chances of getting higher gpas.. so.. question would b.. do dental schools or AADSAS acknowdlege this ?!!! plzzz n.e can answer this?

thts not true..this was from my class that i took in the spring A+ = 97-100%
A = 90-96.9%
A- = 88-89.9%
B+ = 86-87.9%
B = 80-85.9%
B- = 78-79.9%
C+ = 76-77.9%
C = 70-75.9%
C- = 68-69.9%
D = 60-67.9%
F = 59.9 and below.

WOW that's really massed up, it is very unfair to million of other kids who kick their asses to get that A, and to many others who and up with something like B!

so do dental school know if your college have the +/- system? like i had made a bunch of 88s 89s when i was in college.. but they were all Bs (3.0).. while schools that had the +/- system.. 88s 89s would be a B+.. (3.5) or wht not

which mean.. ppl in these schools had a higher chances of getting higher gpas.. so.. question would b.. do dental schools or AADSAS acknowdlege this ?!!! plzzz n.e can answer this?

AADSAS calculates your GPA in 2 ways. One way with the +/- and the other one without. The dental schools will be able to look at both of these and will be able to compare. So I think everything evens out because they can look at the without +/- GPA to compare students. Not sure if I answered your question.

Also at my school we used +/- system but there was no such thing as an A+ so anything above a 93% is an A even if you have a 100% in the class which sucks but my GPA was actually greater when it was calculated without the +/-.