What's the hospital term for "Going Postal"?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

My sypathies with Dr. Wang. I am the victim of the same situation and I know how sever it hurts. It paralyses you forever.
ANd these bastards decide your whole career in 10 min. and I guess if one think he is right should seek justice and should not compromise on the brutality of these crooks..


You're nuts if you think he was justified in killing this poor man. Of course it hurts to be fired, but the victim isn't the one who personally fired him. It looks like Dr. Wang was holding a grudge against several of his colleagues, based on the fact that he was carrying around pictures and information of different physicians.

Either way, it sucks, but there's no excuse you could possibly make for this guy.
 
You're nuts if you think he was justified in killing this poor man. Of course it hurts to be fired, but the victim isn't the one who personally fired him. It looks like Dr. Wang was holding a grudge against several of his colleagues, based on the fact that he was carrying around pictures and information of different physicians.

Either way, it sucks, but there's no excuse you could possibly make for this guy.


I wish you never see the verdict of your death sentence..proffessional death sentence, and due to some ass kisser your whole life is thrown in the space, these people are just beasts when get a prey they become like hyenas..
your life becomes meaningless, and more over when you have spent your whole life and made a caree and just in the end some SOB do not like you or just want to kiss the other,s asses with your blood..
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I wish you never see the verdict of your death sentence..proffessional death sentence, and due to some ass kisser your whole life is thrown in the space, these people are just beasts when get a prey they become like hyenas..
your life becomes meaningless, and more over when you have spent your whole life and made a caree and just in the end some SOB do not like you or just want to kiss the other,s asses with your blood..

It doesn't matter. There's never an excuse to hunt somebody down like an animal and murder them AND their family (he tried to shoot Dr. Toor's pregnant wife).

Dr. Wang apparently screwed up at work and he has to deal with the repercussions.
 
It doesn't matter. There's never an excuse to hunt somebody down like an animal and murder them AND their family (he tried to shoot Dr. Toor's pregnant wife).

Dr. Wang apparently screwed up at work and he has to deal with the repercussions.

While I agree that one should never resort to violence, it's too hurried an assumption to brand Dr. Wang as a screwup at work. There were accounts that Dr. Toor was threatened by Dr. Wang. It's possible (there aren't any details on this issue) that the instigating incident wasn't an act of negligence, where Dr. Wang simply chose to leave his station for recreational reasons. Any number of things could have happened, including his child or wife being hurt or in trouble. At this point, we just don't know enough about the background of this murder.
 
While I agree that one should never resort to violence, it's too hurried an assumption to brand Dr. Wang as a screwup at work. There were accounts that Dr. Toor was threatened by Dr. Wang. It's possible (there aren't any details on this issue) that the instigating incident wasn't an act of negligence, where Dr. Wang simply chose to leave his station for recreational reasons. Any number of things could have happened, including his child or wife being hurt or in trouble. At this point, we just don't know enough about the background of this murder.
I'm pretty sure he was an incredibly incompetent doctor and a huge screw up. I only wish he had taken himself out before the police caught up to him. Court documents of the lawsuit he filed are here:

Dispute may have led to Yale doctor's shooting in Branford (video, docs)
 
I'm pretty sure he was an incredibly incompetent doctor and a huge screw up. I only wish he had taken himself out before the police caught up to him. Court documents of the lawsuit he filed are here:

Dispute may have led to Yale doctor's shooting in Branford (video, docs)
Well, we don't know what exactly happened since 2006 between these two or among those in the program . It's pretty unfair to jump into conclusion that mr. wang is incompetent or mr. toor is nice or victim.But one thing we know something should have been done was the program director or a third party should involve/step in without taking sides ,to investigate the whole incident especially when there is murder .The legal system should go back to few years investigating the program what's going on and interview those involved in the complaint filed by mr. Wang. On the other hand, ACGME or accreditated party for residency program should take action cuz somebody may have abuse their power in the processs.
 
Last edited:
Just some insider information from chinese newspapers in the area...

Guy's wife has cancer, has three kids, and they live in housing subsidized through the church
 
Just some insider information from chinese newspapers in the area...

Guy's wife has cancer, has three kids, and they live in housing subsidized through the church

That's sad... I wouldn't be surprised if he left his post to tend to his cancer-stricken wife.

This doesn't excuse murder, but all this builds up to an environment that isn't exactly conducive to psychological stability.
 
You're pretty sure? Ok... and you know this because?

I'm not saying he was or wasn't. I'm saying you shouldn't jump to conclusions and condemn someone without sufficient information.
Gee I don't know.. maybe it was was my spidey sense going haywire after reading all this.

I have no intention to give the "benefit of a doubt" to someone who carries out justice by plotting and carrying out revenge in the form of murder. I think the residency program did exactly what they were supposed to do.

Leave it up to the jury to decide.
 
Gee I don't know.. maybe it was was my spidey sense going haywire after reading all this.

I have no intention to give the "benefit of a doubt" to someone who carries out justice by plotting and carrying out revenge in the form of murder. I think the residency program did exactly what they were supposed to do.

Leave it up to the jury to decide.

Oh right, your spidey sense... well done, kid. Is that how you're gonna practice medicine? Screw evidence based medicine, all you need is spidey sense medicine.

Jury to decide? You said he was incompetent. Not guilty. I agree he's guilty. I'm saying you have no evidence he's actually incompetent.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Oh right, your spidey sense... well done, kid. Is that how you're gonna practice medicine? Screw evidence based medicine, all you need is spidey sense medicine.

Jury to decide? You said he was incompetent. Not guilty. I agree he's guilty. I'm saying you have no evidence he's actually incompetent.
Your response indicates that you clearly did NOT read the case reports and that you do not possess a spidey sense. Good day, sir.
 
Your response indicates that you clearly did NOT read the case reports and that you do not possess a spidey sense. Good day, sir.

I have read the case reports, but have not seen the evidence for his medical incompetence.

And I certainly have no spidey sense. I have the other one... common sense.
 
Very disturbing that htere are those doctors who defend and feel sorry for a murderer who killed somebody in cold blood and tried to kill a pregnant woman that had done nothing to him.

I don't care what excuse you can come up with. Laughable is the idea that you can defend this bum for leaving his post without telling anybody (yeah I'm suuuure he had a good excuse, and even if he did, that's no excuse..what if a patient died).

And even if he hated Toor, kill him when he's alone. Why shoot at his wife?

Some of you seem to hate residency and think it's evil.. Find another job then. You obviously lack the mental toughness to go through it.
 
Very disturbing that htere are those doctors who defend and feel sorry for a murderer who killed somebody in cold blood and tried to kill a pregnant woman that had done nothing to him.

I don't care what excuse you can come up with. Laughable is the idea that you can defend this bum for leaving his post without telling anybody (yeah I'm suuuure he had a good excuse, and even if he did, that's no excuse..what if a patient died).

And even if he hated Toor, kill him when he's alone. Why shoot at his wife?

Some of you seem to hate residency and think it's evil.. Find another job then. You obviously lack the mental toughness to go through it.

I am glad you loved residency but, just because we are not all masochists like you, doesn't make us inferior to you or mean that we "lack the mental toughness to go through it." I agree with most of what you said but your arguments would be more effective if you get off your high horse, don't lecture others, are less abrasive, and don't make stupid and facile statements such as suggesting that those who don't agree with your narrow-minded point of view should look for another job, as if that is easily doable given the current state of the economy and the high debt burdens of most medical school graduates. May be the following point might be too subtle for you: Trying to understand or speculate on the motivations behind this resident's behavior, especially in light of the fact that none of us have all the information pertaining to this case, is not the same as excusing or condoning murder.
 
I am glad you loved residency but, just because we are not all masochists like you, doesn't make us inferior to you or mean that we "lack the mental toughness to go through it." I agree with most of what you said but your arguments would be more effective if you get off your high horse, don't lecture others, are less abrasive, and don't make stupid and facile statements such as suggesting that those who don't agree with your narrow-minded point of view should look for another job, as if that is easily doable given the current state of the economy and the high debt burdens of most medical school graduates. May be the following point might be too subtle for you: Trying to understand or speculate on the motivations behind this resident's behavior, especially in light of the fact that none of us have all the information pertaining to this case, is not the same as excusing or condoning murder.

Masochist is one who loves pain. I certainly didn't consider residency painful. And neither do residents who don't have a sense of entitlement and snobbery.

Try working as a truck driver or picking strawberries and then come here and cry about the horrors of actually working for a living.
 
I am glad you loved residency but, just because we are not all masochists like you, doesn't make us inferior to you or mean that we "lack the mental toughness to go through it." I agree with most of what you said but your arguments would be more effective if you get off your high horse, don't lecture others, are less abrasive, and don't make stupid and facile statements such as suggesting that those who don't agree with your narrow-minded point of view should look for another job, as if that is easily doable given the current state of the economy and the high debt burdens of most medical school graduates. May be the following point might be too subtle for you: Trying to understand or speculate on the motivations behind this resident's behavior, especially in light of the fact that none of us have all the information pertaining to this case, is not the same as excusing or condoning murder.

There's that SDN catchphrase 🙄

Next: "you're going to make a horrible doctor"
 
He had thousands of rounds of ammunition in his trunk, killed a man and then shot at his pregnant wife. What kind of people give someone like this the benefit of the doubt? If a person is capable of such an act, is it so hard to believe that he wasn't capable enough to perform well in a hospital? Call a spade for a spade, this man at the very least needs to have the key thrown away when they lock him up at the very least. Depending on your personal beliefs, he may also deserve the needle.