What's the right direction?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

charactercomic2

Full Member
5+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I haven't even been on SDN in like 3 months, I have been studying for the MCAT with my test date set on 8/07! As I am now in my second month, I wanted to get a broader sense on where I stand. I know it is not wise to compare oneself with others, but I just wanted some input.

Month 1:
Did strictly content review, taking notes on TPR seven book set. The only practice problems I did was Khan Academy CARS and Jack Westin CARS. Looking back, I would have started active studying and practice problems much sooner.

Month 2:

Currently about to finish all of UWorld's 2008 questions. I usually take them untimed, and then go through right after while making notecards on topics I am not 100% on. It has taken me about 3 weeks to go through all of them at 6 days a week. My overall percentage is sitting at 67% with only about 400 left to complete. I have been taking a weekly FL and I think I'll put a whole nother paragraph discussing that

FL's:
My first one I took was the AAMC Sample after content review. I got 165/230 which I was stunned to see. It roughly equivalates to a 504 I believe. My next week I took a BP FL1 and got a 505. I spent the day after reviewing them for hours. But I just took the BP FL2 this week (third week of FLs) and got a 511. It was a big jump, and I think it was just me getting used to the long testing hours and changing up my CARS strategy (123 to a 127). I was wondering how well the newly revised BP FLs translate since they used to be NS. I have two more BP FLs left as well I plan on taking.

Month 3(?):
I have the AAMC full bundle and plan on going through that, with the AAMC FL 1-4 each weekend leading up until my test August 7th. I have heard to only trust AAMC material when trying to predict scores, which I am eager to see when I eventually take my FLs.

TL;DR
How good are the new Blueprint FLs at settinga precedence for the FLs? And how does a normal AAMC material schedule look like? Not looking for gratification but more so any critiques on my study schedule so far and if there's anything I can do to maximize. If you read this far THANK YOU

Edit: My goal score is a 520+ (big goal I know) to put myself in the best position to succeed