What's the right direction?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

charactercomic2

2+ Year Member
Reaction score
I haven't even been on SDN in like 3 months, I have been studying for the MCAT with my test date set on 8/07! As I am now in my second month, I wanted to get a broader sense on where I stand. I know it is not wise to compare oneself with others, but I just wanted some input.

Month 1:
Did strictly content review, taking notes on TPR seven book set. The only practice problems I did was Khan Academy CARS and Jack Westin CARS. Looking back, I would have started active studying and practice problems much sooner.

Month 2:

Currently about to finish all of UWorld's 2008 questions. I usually take them untimed, and then go through right after while making notecards on topics I am not 100% on. It has taken me about 3 weeks to go through all of them at 6 days a week. My overall percentage is sitting at 67% with only about 400 left to complete. I have been taking a weekly FL and I think I'll put a whole nother paragraph discussing that

FL's:
My first one I took was the AAMC Sample after content review. I got 165/230 which I was stunned to see. It roughly equivalates to a 504 I believe. My next week I took a BP FL1 and got a 505. I spent the day after reviewing them for hours. But I just took the BP FL2 this week (third week of FLs) and got a 511. It was a big jump, and I think it was just me getting used to the long testing hours and changing up my CARS strategy (123 to a 127). I was wondering how well the newly revised BP FLs translate since they used to be NS. I have two more BP FLs left as well I plan on taking.

Month 3(?):
I have the AAMC full bundle and plan on going through that, with the AAMC FL 1-4 each weekend leading up until my test August 7th. I have heard to only trust AAMC material when trying to predict scores, which I am eager to see when I eventually take my FLs.

TL;DR
How good are the new Blueprint FLs at settinga precedence for the FLs? And how does a normal AAMC material schedule look like? Not looking for gratification but more so any critiques on my study schedule so far and if there's anything I can do to maximize. If you read this far THANK YOU

Edit: My goal score is a 520+ (big goal I know) to put myself in the best position to succeed

Members don't see this ad.

I wouldn't trust the Blueprint FL exam scores just because they were never administered to students. If you're studying full time, I'd say people only need around a month to go through all the AAMC material.

Kevin W, MCAT Tutor
Med School Tutors

Reactions: 1 user