What's the stupidest thing you've done as an undergrad?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
The dumbest thing I've ever done was try and make some half-assed mojitos in my frosh year with some friends. I don't remember what happened but i was told that i kicked down the door to my dorm room. there was also the fat chick... twice..... the first time i was drunk so theres an excuse but the second time i was only buzzed, horny and felt like the first time was too good to pass up a second (yeah yeah **** you, i was young and experimenting leave me alone). since my freshman year ive grown up a bit though. we'll see what happens when i move into a house with 4 of my good buddies.

Members don't see this ad.

Yeah she was cute ... btw, I was drunk and she wasn't !!! It was wost for her cause she was a girl, specially since she was a freshman, and I was graduating :D

I feel bad for her though, a stunt like that as a freshman can haunt you for the rest of your college career.

So let me get this straight. You made out with/felt up an attractive slutty freshman while your friends cheered you on while she was sober, then never hooked up with her again?

I think I've identified the stupidest thing you've done in your undergrad career.

Members don't see this ad :)
So let me get this straight. You made out with/felt up an attractive slutty freshman while your friends cheered you on while she was sober, then never hooked up with her again?

I think I've identified the stupidest thing you've done in your undergrad career.

hahahaha

Stupidest thing? I went bungee jumping with tons of big rocks sticking out of the river. Felt like it was a smart idea but seconds before I jumped I felt that that was the stupidest thing I was about to do. Survived it. Duh! And felt like a new man.

The dumbest thing I've ever done was try and make some half-assed mojitos in my frosh year with some friends. I don't remember what happened but i was told that i kicked down the door to my dorm room. there was also the fat chick... twice..... the first time i was drunk so theres an excuse but the second time i was only buzzed, horny and felt like the first time was too good to pass up a second (yeah yeah **** you, i was young and experimenting leave me alone). since my freshman year ive grown up a bit though. we'll see what happens when i move into a house with 4 of my good buddies.

by far the best story here.

Not my story:
Stealing a dead/dissected cat from anatomy lab to "cram" for the final tomorrow. "Oh, it's ok. We'll just leave our front door open so our apt won't smell. Hey, what are you looking at!? It's just a dead cat...chill out! *back to studying/quizzing*" Uumm...for real? I have strange friends.

My story:
Scenario: End of the semester
Me: Omg, I can't believe I have NOTHING to do tonight
Bff: Uuumm...aren't you studying for the final?
Me: Ha...ha...ha. What final?
Bff: Lmao! Yeah right...
Me: No really!? What final? Our next final is on Friday...tomorrow is Wed!
Bff: Ha..ha..ha. Our Vision Science final is tomorrow (Wed @ 8am)
Me: Wtf!? We have a FINAL in that class? I thought we only had a midterm.
Bff: Uuumm...NO! It's on the syllabus
Me: Please...like I read those!
Bff: LMAO
Me: Damn! Hhhmmm...so, want to go out to eat tonight?
Bff: Sure!

*Still rocked the final! :laugh: The curse of being a professional crammer; it'll catch up w/ me one day :cool:

Last edited:
It would have won even more if it came from a MD/PhD student

<elbow nudge in rib>

haha, i'm still only an M0, not suffering quite yet...

but i'll be back in september...

Members don't see this ad :)
:barf:I'm hoping your roommate wasnt asleep/passed out in his bed. So, what was his reaction to that??

No he wasn't there, but as hard as you might find this to believe he was pretty pissed off at me.

Somehow getting not one, not two, but THREE tickets for drinking on the subway my sophomore year. thannnks nypd luv youuu

I guess I also regret not ever studying/getting all Bs and Cs my freshman year. That pretty much ****ed my gpa forever.

One night I got way drunk, somehow in my stupor I got back to my room and went to sleep. According to my friends I left at ~1:30

Next thing I know it's 4AM and I am outside of my apartment. Literally outside, and not wearing pants. Since my apartment is on campus I had to call the RA on duty to let me in. Well they went in the other entrance and I was left standing outside for 30 minutes in nothing more than a tank top, underwear and a watch. Once I got back to my room I found my pants on the floor, my keys on my desk and my bed looked like I just got out of it.
I slept walked out of my apartment, down the stairs and outside and only woke up when I couldn't get back in because I didn't have my keys.

Hahaha.

You could look at the two ironmans, the trip to national collegiate cycling championships, and the great waist/hip ratio and think that

Or you could consider the 4,500 hours of training, 1 traumatic brain injury, spondylolisthesis, 3 separated shoulders, 1 broken humerus, chondromalacia in the left knee, 2 cases of ITB syndrome, plantar fasciitis, tendinitis everywhere, 15+ nasty scars...

Oh... and barely getting into medical school.

Minor Details ;)

Alright, so this deserves a new user name :D

My worst, and by far wost moment in college was ... so I go this camping trip with people from this club I joined in college. Since this club was a ethnicity club, I had always my space and reservations between the members. You kindda have to because of your reputation. So this camping trip was actually in a cabin, and they had like 5 cabins rented. Everynight, there was a party at one cabin. The one night that the party was at my cabin, I got really really really really really drunk. So a bunch of girl walk in, and I hadn't met them before. I tell them that the rules of our cabin is that you have to get drunk. One of the girls was paying extra attention to me, and introduces herself. I asked her if she wants a drink, she says yes, we go to the alcohol and there were only shots. I tell he if she wants a shot and she says no, and the next thing I know we are making out (The most I talked to her was 3 sentences !!!) The couch happened to be conveniently located right there. We sit down make out and she comes on top of me. And after a while I start, well, ehem ... sucking on her tits ... in front of EVERYONE !!! All my friends come and start high fiving me, while I'm doing that. And apparently I also had my hand in her pants pleasuring her ... in front of 30 people !!!!!

SOOOO F---ING EMBARRASSING !!

I never hung out with those people again, didn't had the face

ahhhh so you're that guy from that video....

this a fun thread... im genuinely surprised by the amount of people on SDN who have actual lives...:laugh:

haha...i was thinking this but didn't want to say it!!

...considering i don't start my college experience until September, i don't have any stories to share...yet.

im just enjoying reading them. :)

Both of these stories were performed by my friend - I wish that it was me.

1) A cop car pulled up and went into the local bar, leaving his keys in the car. As we were passing by, my really drunk friend realized that the cop had left the keys in the unlocked car. He proceeded to get into the car, turn it on, and drive it around the block. The cop later walks out of the bar to see his police cruiser pulling back up to the place that he has parked it. The best part of the story is that the cop did not do anything to my friend because he had been dumb enough to leave his keys in an unlocked police car.

2) Same friend once dressed as Flavor Flav for Halloween and went out to the local bars. He proceeded to get really drunk and blackout. Next thing he knows, he wakes up naked and still mildly drunk in a bedroom with his arm around some random girl. He can't remember much from the night, but from the evidence at the scene, he had slept with her. He proceeds to get dressed and look out the window. He does not recognize anything. After some time of confusion, he then realizes that he is at another college about 2 miles down the road. He then remembers that it is Friday, and he has a paper due in about 30 mins. He runs the 2 miles back to campus, gets to his room and prints out the paper, and makes his way to the class about 10 mins late(I was in the class too, so I can verify this part). He is still in his Flavor Flav outfit with a giant clock around his neck. He walks up to the teacher and hands in his paper. All the teacher could do was shake his head and laugh.

What? Fat chicks need love too!

...But they've got to pay.

You know I should have clarified and said something like "What was the stupidest thing you've done as an undergrad that's academic related." Of course forgetting about a final isn't the worst thing I've done, you all probably think I'm a huge nerd now. :laugh:

lit off a strip of firecrackers in the dorm stairwell at 3 AM ive never run so fast in my life

...buuuut not so shocked at how many don't. :p

Common thread to almost every non-academic story? Booze! Just give any of the pre-meds a good dose and you'll get some interesting stories doesn't matter if they have a life or not.

Driven over the speed limit (75 mph-ish) down a highway on a Sunday morning while it was raining in order to set up an experiment. Of course, I hydroplaned and spun across the road, hit someone parked on the shoulder, totaled my car...and the first number I called was my advisor's. The police showed up and were like wtf, you didn't call 911?

At least I had good insurance. : /

Oh, and I went to less than half of my physics and genetics classes. They were too early in the morning.

...and the first number I called was my advisor's.

Heh...my best friend called my mom. And we were all screaming through the phone "Call the police you idiot...call the bleepin police." She was just babbling and blubbering on the phone. My mom was freaking out cause she had her kids and husband in the car and he passed out. We ended up having to call the police FOR her.

Oh yea did I mention that she lives in New Jersey and we're in Florida. The operator was like "the accident is in New Jersey? But this is Florida"

Academically the stupidest thing I've done is similar to the OP but less severe. Walked in at like 8:40 to a gen chem exam I didn't know I had. The prof normally let kids start at 8 and everyone had to be done at 9:20.

edit: i guess taking ~8-9 shots on a Monday night to celebrate someone's birthday wasn't too smart, especially since i had to tutor kids the next day.

Freshman year. Drank an entire 750ml bottle of smirnoff vodka in roughly two hours. Felt slightly drunk but overall pretty good. Got tired and went to sleep.

Woke up naked, covered in vomit, vomit all over my bed, vomit all over the floor, vomit all over my roommate's bed.

Good thing I threw up in the garbage pail though.

Oh yeah, it was a metal mesh garbage pail so it doesn't retain (chunky) liquid very well.

While I didn't have quite the experience engineeredout had, I took two shots of everclear interspersed with a six pack of beer (Keystone no less...aka weasel piss) in less than 3 hours. Then I managed to go down 3 flights of stairs without breaking my neck and got to sleep. Thank God for my Mexican liver otherwise the above would have been a likely scenario.

well i didnt do this but my ******* roommate did.

Anyways its thursday night. I have bio lecture close to a test friday morning at 8:50 so no going out for me. Anyways my roommate invites 2 idiot friends over from high school and they go and get drunk on everclear. They come back around 2 am, and I wake up just to make sure the three of them dont puke everywhere. They finish up in the bathroom and the friends pass out on the floor and I go to sleep. Around 4 am me and my other roommate (it was a three person room) are awoken by this loud vacuum sound. We go to get up and look down to see that our floor was covered in an inch and a half of water.

Apparently one of my roommates friends had decided to "take a bath" at 3 am, and had turned on the HOT water, gotten in the tub, and passed out without turning off the water, which had proceeded to overflow and flood our room. It then went out into the hall, soaked through the carpet and the roof, only to create a waterfall next to the security guard's desk on the floor below at the entrance. THe guard had then called maintenance to fix the "leak" and it was this maintenance guy who was wet vacuuming our room which woke us up.

I leapt out of bed and thankfully saved my desktop which was on the floor (somehow it avoided getting water in it), and i had to step over one of the friends who was still passed out in the hotwater, with the maintenance guy wet vaccing around him lol. Its funnynow but I was furious then. I came back from bio bleary eyed and my roommate and his friends had still not cleaned the hot sauna water up off our floor, so I made him go to the campus store and buy all the papertowels they had and clean it up that way.