What's the timeline?

Started by ngmc11
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

ngmc11

Full Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
What's the time line after applying to residencies for interviews etc...? When you do hear back from the programs?
 
so far I've only heard back "we don't have your transcripts".

thank god they were finally released TODAY. a MONTH after I ordered them!
 
It depends on how their interviewing is set up. Some programs wait until after their admission deadline to look at applicants and decide who to interview only after looking at everyone. Others offer interviews on a rolling basis.

I've heard back from three of the four programs to which I applied... but they all had pretty early application deadlines.

Some programs interview all the way into early March. So I wouldn't worry if you haven't heard anything yet!
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
From what I remember I heard back from many programs what would be the equiv. of this week. You should be getting most of your invites this week or next.
 
so far I've heard of phone calls.

But some apps asked if you preferred phone or e-mail, and another app said invites were sent via e-mail.
 
Today I got an interview invite and denial via e-mail. 9 days after the due date for both.
 
I got an interview invite and denial by email.

one of them 5 days after and the other 9 days after the due date.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad