Whats up with The nasty Commercial Pharmacists

Started by JAZZEYE
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

JAZZEYE

Full Member
15+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I have had so many bad experiences with CVS pharmacists ...OMG:scared: They are all so mean , nasty , stressed out and disorganized .....I go out of my way a couple of miles to a mom and pop Pharmacy now. I like to be treated like a human. Don't they teach anything about customer care in our modern schools ?
I'm not trying to be sacastic ....really Pharmacists are just about the most unprofessional group of healthcare professionals I have ever come in contact with..........Why ????
 
I take offense to that. 🙄 I don't work for CVS full-time anymore, but still. I understand you are pre-optometry, but have you ever worked 14 hour days with very little tech help and people at the in-window "demanding" that their scripts get done in 15 minutes or less, drive-thru people obviously too busy to get off their cell phones to even give you the time of day, and nasty people at the pick-up window asking why we are out of CVS brand toilet paper???? Not saying that being rude is acceptable or anything, but sometimes most of us reach a breaking point in our lives and take it out on the first person they see. (Its human nature c'mon now). Please do not judge unless you have walked a centimeter in someone else's shoes.
Also, why are you generalizing all CVS pharmacists and not Walgreens or grocery store pharmacists?? Maybe if you went to a different CVS the people there would be nicer to you.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
You should be fortunate they are only rude to you. I typically make fun of pediatric cancer patients, throw uncapped insulin syringes at my customers, and draw swastikas on all of my patient information pamphlets we staple to the bags with Ebola coated staples. That's after I dip your capsules in horse urine.

We only do this because of our passionate desire to displease, irritate, and risk the well being of you and only you. Yes. We are pharmacists. We hate you.
 
I want to know what's up with all of the nasty crap they sell in pharmacies. Sardines? Gross! Dinty Moore beef stew, ummm...no thanks, I'll pass. Spam? Hell no! Milk wet and covered in slime...:barf:.
Please don't bring your milk to the pharmacy counter for me to ring up! -> That's when I get nasty.
 
Let's just stop responding and let this thread die. Obviously Jazzeye is trying to stir up $h!t with the comments, so lets not let this person get over on us.

Yes, it is incredibly offensive, and we've all chosen pharmacy because this is something that we want to do. It's natural for us to be angry because someone is putting down our profession. So what about this person's bad experience one time at one CVS... Who doesn't have a bad day from time to time?

kill the thread, kill the thread, kill the thread...🙄
 
I'm not trying to be sacastic ....really Pharmacists are just about the most unprofessional group of healthcare professionals I have ever come in contact with..........Why ????

Based on the observation at one CVS store? Have you been to the other 6000 or the 6000 Walgreens and thousands of others? And from this you conclude:
Pharmacists are just about the most unprofessional group of health care professionals I have ever come in contact with
​

Wow, I hope you take a course in logic or common sense while you are at college. It might be the pharmacists who work in that particular CVS are unprofessional, but to extrapolate that to the entire company, all of retail and all pharmacists is a *****ic judgment of epic proportions.
 
I hope they're not on Cipro. I'd hate for you to advise them on a calcium/cipro interaction, cause ya know the milk is their own business. Who are you, the milk police?

:laugh: im sorry, i had to laugh, that was good. I feel so bad for laughing,but that was just too good. sorry pharmdstudent...
 
I have had so many bad experiences with CVS pharmacists ...OMG:scared: They are all so mean , nasty , stressed out and disorganized .....I go out of my way a couple of miles to a mom and pop Pharmacy now. I like to be treated like a human. Don't they teach anything about customer care in our modern schools ?
I'm not trying to be sacastic ....really Pharmacists are just about the most unprofessional group of healthcare professionals I have ever come in contact with..........Why ????

this is also very funny:laugh::laugh: get a life dude...go study and become a professional like us pharmacists...what a ridiculous statement. I bet many of your mom and pops or independents were once CVS pharmacists who ventured onto their own. Did you ever think maybe its the environment that pharmacists are in thats makes them unhappy or "unprofessional".
 
I want to know what's up with all of the nasty crap they sell in pharmacies. Sardines? Gross! Dinty Moore beef stew, ummm...no thanks, I'll pass. Spam? Hell no! Milk wet and covered in slime...:barf:.
Please don't bring your milk to the pharmacy counter for me to ring up! -> That's when I get nasty.

I dont understand this? i really dont mind ringing up milk for someone. 20 items, yes, i mind but i do it. maybe its just me, but when you work retail, you'll have to ring up an item or 2 for the customer. As for the nasty crap in pharmacies, it sells. People buy it. Its profit and it pays your salary. The front store in a retail chain has a very large net profit whereas the pharmacies have a tiny net profit. Pharmacies usually have between 3% and 6% net profit. So all those nasty stuff they sell is pure profit, $$$$, thats why we sell it!
 
I hope they're not on Cipro. I'd hate for you to advise them on a calcium/cipro interaction, cause ya know the milk is their own business. Who are you, the milk police?

If a customer has to put milk in front of your face for you to counsel on this interaction, I am worried. And I highly doubt the milk is going to prompt the technician who is performing the majority of the tasks at the out window to alert the pharmacist
 
I dont understand this? i really dont mind ringing up milk for someone. 20 items, yes, i mind but i do it. maybe its just me, but when you work retail, you'll have to ring up an item or 2 for the customer.

I will quote the British Pharmacist from the movie Sicko (although perhaps not verbatim):

"I've studied far too long to be concerned with your laundry (when asked why they do not carry detergent)."
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
That **** made me fall out of my chair laughing. Everyone was just staring at me....

You may have been the one who quoted it on here a while back; thought it was priceless enough to be thrown out there one more time.
 
I hope they're not on Cipro. I'd hate for you to advise them on a calcium/cipro interaction, cause ya know the milk is their own business. Who are you, the milk police?
Just a little FYI, I had to ring up two milk purchases today. One was a half-gallon and the other was a pint. It still pains me even though I left work an hour ago! Hey, at least I didn't have to ring up a whole gallon. I have to touch those a little more.- they're heavy.
I really hate getting milk residue on my hands. It's soooo gross. The worst part is when my hands start to smell like sour milk, because the line's so long that I can't go wash my hands. I'm cringing right now just thinking about it.
 
Just a little FYI, I had to ring up two milk purchases today. One was a half-gallon and the other was a pint. It still pains me even though I left work an hour ago! Hey, at least I didn't have to ring up a whole gallon. I have to touch those a little more.- they're heavy.
I really hate getting milk residue on my hands. It's soooo gross. The worst part is when my hands start to smell like sour milk, because the line's so long that I can't go wash my hands. I'm cringing right now just thinking about it.

I think you just gave me a phobia of milk jugs. I hate touching anything that will make my hands smell, like money or latex gloves. Ughhh...sour milk is so nasty!
 
I think you just gave me a phobia of milk jugs. I hate touching anything that will make my hands smell, like money or latex gloves. Ughhh...sour milk is so nasty!

We should all have milk phobias. That stuff has some of the same biochemical matter as blood, like living white blood cells, bacteria, enzymes, and fat globules that are surrounded by a membrane consisting of phospholipids and proteins. How does it sound to drink liquid blood? Disgusting!

Oh and by the way, my grandpa calls whipped cream calf slobber!

(Sorry everybody, this will be my last spiel about the grossness of milk. I promise!)
 
The OP is making a huge generalization about CVS pharmacists and is wrong but I can understand why the public makes such generalization.

When was the last time you see your physician arguing with a patient? Pharmacists get into fights with patients all of the time. Although it is probably not the pharmacist's fault but that's what people see.

When you work for a company that has a drive thru, gives transfer coupons, sells alcohol and cigs, people don't see you as a health care professional. They are wrong but that's the perception most people have about pharmacists.
 
The OP is making a huge generalization about CVS pharmacists and is wrong but I can understand why the public makes such generalization.

When was the last time you see your physician arguing with a patient? Pharmacists get into fights with patients all of the time. Although it is probably not the pharmacist's fault but that's what people see.

When you work for a company that has a drive thru, gives transfer coupons, sells alcohol and cigs, people don't see you as a health care professional. They are wrong but that's the perception most people have about pharmacists.

agreed...i guess its just the nature of the "business" here in the great U.S.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
It sounds delicious with cookies.
WVU = Cookie Monster
cookiemonster2.jpg
 
Even I have to admit trying to irritate Old Timer by making fun of CVS is getting old.

I still say we start a sticky "CVS sucks and everyone knows it but Old Timer" and file all these threads away. It could have a sub-forum, please post your kinetics question here.
 
The OP is making a huge generalization about CVS pharmacists and is wrong but I can understand why the public makes such generalization.

When was the last time you see your physician arguing with a patient? Pharmacists get into fights with patients all of the time. Although it is probably not the pharmacist's fault but that's what people see.

When you work for a company that has a drive thru, gives transfer coupons, sells alcohol and cigs, people don't see you as a health care professional. They are wrong but that's the perception most people have about pharmacists.

So what does a physician do with a problem patient? There must be people that treat their doctors like crap? No?

Maybe I will make a badge, "Your insurance is not my problem, but HAVE A GREAT DAY!!!! " and then i won't have to argue with anyone. Because 90% of all retail pharmacists arguing stems from early controls, no refills and no doctor call back, and insurance problems. Nothing to do with our training or professional skills.
 
Even I have to admit trying to irritate Old Timer by making fun of CVS is getting old.

I still say we start a sticky "CVS sucks and everyone knows it but Old Timer" and file all these threads away. It could have a sub-forum, please post your kinetics question here.

There's hope you may grow up some day.......
 
you two pill counting fools... quit yo bickering.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Oh! I suppose your above the fray? Too good to take part in some good natured fun?

Nope! My comment was directed to Old Timer. You baited him & he rose & got caught. He's an old enough fish to know better.

Now - Epics response to your drug reps bait was pretty good.

Do you think he's having some identity issues???? (Epic I mean?)
 
Nope! My comment was directed to Old Timer. You baited him & he rose & got caught. He's an old enough fish to know better.

Now - Epics response to your drug reps bait was pretty good.

Do you think he's having some identity issues???? (Epic I mean?)

who?