Whats up with UVA

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

bigbuddieMD

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
I have heard nothing from UVA this year yet. I find it strange...many other people I know with great stats have not heard from them as well. Whats going on with them...why are they so slow?

Members don't see this ad.

Good question!!!

Every time I talk to the UVA admission people...they just tell me they are still looking at my file!!

Members don't see this ad :)
Geez, how long is your app, anyway (or how slow do they read?). :wink: :D

OK, just did a little MSAR research. Last year they had 3,011 out-of-state applicants, interviewed 281 (9%). Of those 281, 42 matriculated (15% of those interviewed). 30% of their class, which totaled 139, were from out-of-state. I guess they're so slow because they get almost 5 times as many out-of-state apps as in-state, and they really prefer in-staters. I don't know whether these stats make me feel like there's still hope or not.

I was an August MCATer, so assuming I was complete by early November, I got an interview invite on 12/18 for 1/29. I'm not an instater, but I grew up there and my family is still there, so they knew I had strong ties to the state.

The admissions office is a little pokey, I never got responses when I was trying to figure out if they had my MCATs, (laid back southern charm?) However, they get back to you really fast (usually <2 weeks) after the interview!